Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

getting deer to use feeder
Last Post 29 Nov 2008 06:48 AM by cfiloteo3. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
young ohiohunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Sep 2008 02:38 AM  

i am 16 and just getting into bow hunting and need some help getting deer to use my feeder. i was just putting corn in a pile next to a descent deer path with a trail camera and had about  different deer using it 3 does and 2 small bucks. then i bought a feeder after that never had another pic of a deer.so i turned it off so save my corn after about a week. i moved it to another piece of property today, and went back to hand feeding that spot. ANYBODY have any advice to help my feeder work in the new spot.

rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
25 Sep 2008 04:46 AM  
it takes time for them to get use to the noise and what it is, i hunt a private property and the feeder has been there forever, when they get use to it they keep coming
SOUTHERN PRIDE
troyjen30
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Oct 2008 01:23 AM  
I tried the same thing during the summer with same results you had. My guess is the deer won't be using it till they have to. What I mean by that is if there is still standing corn around where you hunt the deer likely will just eat on that. Now when the corn is off and its getting cold out I would try again. Here's a little tip for you though I had a lot of sucess with the corn/molasses block I bought at Tractor supply. The deer havn't quit using it since I put it out in early August. You can probably get something similar at any hunting supply store just be sure to wear gloves when handling it.
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Nov 2008 06:48 AM  
Feeders are used throughout the state here and you have to give them time to get used to it. Once they find out what it is, you will be able to tell the difference in trail cam pics. :)
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!