Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

new to food plots
Last Post 11 Sep 2008 02:00 AM by coolbreeze. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bighunter325
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Sep 2008 07:57 PM  
well i have about a 20 acre lot i hunt and i have no clue on what to do first to start a food plot for my lot.
coolbreeze
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Sep 2008 02:00 AM  
from my experience get a PH test on the soil in the area's that you want to plant.. it makes a world of a difference.. I've been doing food plots for the last 7 yrs and I've wasted too much time and money on a plot with a low PH you just don't get the results you want.. Get the test and if you need to lime bite the bullet and cough up some dough to have it done right or your just going to spin your wheels... And if you can afford to do it round up the ground atleast twice.. once before you turn the soil over and again about 2 to 3 later to kill the pesky weeds and grasses.. I've lost a lot of seeds and money because of weeds taken over the plot and choking out the plot seeds that I planted.. Good luck and post some pics if you can I'd like to see how you make out with your plots
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!