Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
food plots are in
Last Post 09 Sep 2008 11:56 PM by Howard. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
coolbreeze
6 Point
6 Point

--
18 May 2008 09:30 PM  
well I got all my seed in finally.. 2 acres of clover and alfalfa mix .. 1/4 acre of alfalfa alone  1/4 acre of clover and chicory mix and a 2 acre plot of corn and soybean mix. now I'm just waiting on it to start growing.. my clover mixes are popping up and so is the alfalfa but i just got in the corn soybean mix the other day and we are getting some nice rain now so my fingers are crossed...
xkmorris
6 Point
6 Point

--
19 May 2008 03:41 AM  
We got ours in too.

We had a good rain after and it is 2-3 inches tall already. Just hope the deer will stay out of it so it gets a chance to grow.
coolbreeze
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Sep 2008 03:28 AM  
well after a crappy start to my food plots this spring and summer ( which were over taken by rag weed and summer grass ) I had to start over in early Aug. I rushed to get in some kind of a crop before the season started and I was able to get in a plot of alfalfa and clover mix in one area and I put in some pure attraction in another plot but again I had bad luck with no rain but in the clover alfalfa patch some of it started to grow and boy oh boy are they hitting it big time now.. I thought that it wasn't growing because of the lack of water but they are eating faster then the stuff can grow... We just got 3 inches of rain from tropical storm Hanna and I hope that gets the plots in high gear .. I think I should've put plot saver around it and then removed it 3 days before the season starts... I saw 12 deer in the alfalfa patch and one of them was a shooter buck for sure
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Sep 2008 11:56 PM  
Good to hear that at least something is coming up. bummer to have used all the time and money for no crop back in May.
best of success this season.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!