Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Deer plots
Last Post 26 Feb 2008 11:09 AM by tubby. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
buckkiller
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Feb 2008 09:36 PM  
Hello im a 15 year old hunter and i have got some new land to hunt on and there arent any really huge bucks there. There are a couple young 4x4s and i saw one 5x4 but they have no mass i was wondering what you guys thought the best mineral is. And i want it to be all natural.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Feb 2008 12:08 AM  
Try using salt blocks(like ones used for cows) or bag salt for salt licks and you could also feed some supplements such as rice bran or other commercial deer supplements.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
25 Feb 2008 08:39 PM  
OUR CLUB HAS FOUND SOME KIND OF MINERALS IN A BAG THAT LOOKS LIKE RABBIT FOOD AND IS LIKE 40% PRTEEN.....WE TRIED SOME LAST SEASON THEY SEEMED TO LIKE IT...I WILL HAVE TO GET THE BRAND NAME FOR YOU...SOYBEANS ARE A GOOD PROTEEN FOR DEER ALSO..
MIKE EVERETT
buckkiller
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Feb 2008 03:36 AM  
thanks for the suggestions so far u guys and Ive been using some soybeans so far and its been going pretty quick.
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Feb 2008 03:55 AM  
Purina makes a deer and elk mineral called AntlerMax that I really like. A 25 lb bag of it will only run you about $12 at a good feed store/mill. All you got to do is pour it on the ground near a trail. The salt block or bag of salt is a good idea too and they are about $6 for a 50lb block or bag. Most of the stuff on the market now isn't any different than the others but they are just priced according to how many commercials they have to pay for.
Just make sure you get it out soon!!! Most people get the fever in August and put it out but the racks are pretty well done growing by then so the better and healthier that the deer are when they start growing is what is most important and now is the time.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
buckkiller
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Feb 2008 04:20 AM  
Ya i've been hoping to get out and set up some feeders and ill try that i just gotta find time during the day when i dont have practice but ill try saturday aftery yote hunting.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Feb 2008 11:09 AM  
I put out a feeder with rice bran and corn this past weekend with my old trail cam(35mm),I hope to get some good pics.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!