Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

growing corn
Last Post 30 Apr 2008 12:15 PM by xkmorris. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Feb 2008 08:18 PM  
anyone ever tried this, I had a bag of deer corn id been feeding the squirrel and dove with a decided to try to grow it. I put to in some potting soil that had a 4 month supply of miraclegrow in it and put 4 in the ground. its been almost a week and they are about 5inches tall.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
08 Feb 2008 08:21 PM  
NEVER TRIED THAT I HAVE LEFT SOME IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK AND IT GOT WET AND SPROUTED..
MIKE EVERETT
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
08 Feb 2008 08:22 PM  
NEVER TRIED THAT I HAVE LEFT SOME IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK AND IT GOT WET AND SPROUTED..
MIKE EVERETT
J.Nev
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Apr 2008 10:43 PM  

yah its good to plant corn for the deer. when its winter just keep the corn up. the deer will be in there everyday eating eat. since theres nothing to eat in the fields. theyll eat the corn. so i say its a good to plant corn.

tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Apr 2008 11:23 PM  
I had a decent stand in a food plot where we had fed the deer before season.like you said,the deer will frequent the corn feild until the food source sours or runs out.Check local regs before hunting over it.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
29 Apr 2008 08:12 PM  
yea I mainly hunt management area so cant hunt over corn there, I live in florida so we dont have bad winters and the deer stick to the usuall pattern. Ive hunted feeders on private property and the deer always come to the corn .
SOUTHERN PRIDE
xkmorris
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Apr 2008 12:15 PM  
I have some planted now along with peas, cow peas, sorghum, soy beans, turnips, sunflowers,and oats. I have a 14 year old grand son that has started hunting and has not taken a deer yet so though I would plant a food plot by the stand that he and his dad hunt. I hope with all my hard work he will get one this year.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!