Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

whats considered a bait or an atrractant
Last Post 25 Jan 2008 07:52 PM by rebel deer hunter. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
23 Jan 2008 08:25 PM  
I was reading the new outdoor life magazine and they were disscusing this, baiting is a pile of corn or other things like that that you put out to hunt, is a buck licker block considered a bait or an attractant? Also they said in most states you cant bait but they said you could hunt a food plot, reason im asking is I mostly hunt a mangement area were baiting is not allowed, but all it says in the rule book about it is you cant hunt over bait, doesnt say anything about a food plot
SOUTHERN PRIDE
BigBluff32
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Jan 2008 10:51 PM  
If it doesn't come out of the ground, it's bait (corn, salt block, etc.). Anything that comes out of the ground such as a food plot is not bait.
Even on the hottest or coldest days, deer still eat, fish still swim, so why not go and get 'em.
BigBluff32
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Jan 2008 10:52 PM  

I meant corn poured out of a bag or corn that's not in a corn field.

Even on the hottest or coldest days, deer still eat, fish still swim, so why not go and get 'em.
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Jan 2008 01:50 PM  
check your state regulations .it will tell you .ask the local game officer.
Cornfed
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Jan 2008 02:53 PM  
Pull up your states DNR website for the complete skinny. The defs and regs are detailed there for you. Food plots are usually not illegal because they are considered "natural growth". Interestingly enough, it is not illegal to feed the deer with corn at anytime during the year. The regs and rules stipulate and define the "area" hunted on or near the bait. But if a DNR officer finds corn on your property during hunting season they will make several surprise visits or attempts to assure themselves that you are not hunting over it. In other words it is not illegal but they will ruin a few hunts for you verifying that you are not "illegal". Atleast that is how Alabama's DNR reads.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
25 Jan 2008 07:52 PM  
well, you can bait in florida just not management areas, and you can hunt a feeder on private land thats out year round, private land you can bait all you want, I dont see how a salt block is considered a bait though, seems like it would be more of a attractant, c'meere deer is a attractanct isnt it? thanks for the replies ima go check the fwc and see if i can use anything on management area
SOUTHERN PRIDE
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!