Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

which one?
Last Post 29 Jan 2008 02:25 PM by kickin_buck. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Logan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Dec 2007 02:12 AM  
since santa brought me a new 15 foot foxhound2 ladder stand dad thinks i need a food plot in one of our fields the field i like was a corn field 4 or 5 years ago the soil is good i live in souteastern ohio we get about 40 inches of rain a year what kind of food plot do yalls think i should plant? any help deciding a brand will be appreciated
Meeker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Jan 2008 02:42 AM  
well deer love turnips thats what i plant in my food plot and they love em
Meeker
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 Jan 2008 03:45 AM  
oats,turnips,clover,wheat
Cornfed
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Jan 2008 04:12 PM  
Worth while to get your soil tested anyway. You can send it local and have it tested or buy an inexpensive PH tester. The proper fertilizer and/or lime amounts for what you plant will make a huge difference in how effective your plot will be.
mc6528
6 Point
6 Point

--
17 Jan 2008 09:24 PM  
Talk to your county agent & get info from him about what will grow best in your area.  Take the advice of others on here who discussed soil samples.  Those beautiful plots you see on t.v. & in magazines don't just happen by discing, planting & watching.  They take proper soil, matched with the right seed, fertilizer, rain, lots of work, & the Blessing of the Good Lord.

Good luck on your quest!
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
kickin_buck
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Jan 2008 02:25 PM  
I like mixing it up. My favorite stand is on a plot that has small amount of standing corn in the middle of the plot, with other seed around it. I plant the corn in the spring with soybeans around it, then disk the beans under about the middle of August and put clover, rye grass, chicory, and turnip mix down. Keeps the deer coming to it year round.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!