Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

how to
Last Post 21 Dec 2007 04:09 PM by rebel deer hunter. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Dec 2007 09:04 PM  
Im going to start using attractants suck as buckgrub, corn and other types like that, ive never baited this site up and was wondering were to start putting it at, the deer usually stick to one game trail about 70 yards to my left i want to get them uused to it then draw them withing 30 yards of my stand, any tips or advice is appriciated
SOUTHERN PRIDE
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Dec 2007 09:05 PM  
sorry ment to say such as
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Cornfed
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Dec 2007 09:52 PM  
Place it on the trail and lead it back to where you want place the main pile for the first few weeks. Once they find it they will make it a part of their routine. Or just put it where you want them to come...they are amazing at finding food !
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
20 Dec 2007 08:53 PM  
yea this buckgrub has a very strong smell, i put some in three ziplock bags and have them selled in one of my droors and as soon as you open the droor thats all you smell, so I think ill place in in piles going back towards my stand off the main trail and let them find it like that.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
20 Dec 2007 10:56 PM  
If you are withen 70yrds of the main trail they are going to find it anyway. I may sprinkle it in a couple of trails connecting the mail trail to the feed sight but it's late enough in the year now that they are having to forage a lot harder and I think they would be all over it in less than a week anyway. Let us know how it worked out!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
21 Dec 2007 04:09 PM  
yea they got alota food were I hunt, buncha oaks that brown grass and before archery in sept 22 they had burnt all out there and it was fresh green grass, its all that brown tall grass now but I think that like it beeter brown that green, the only bad thing is Im not going to be able to bait it year round, only in deer season can I bait it.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!