Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Planting in a Swampy area...
Last Post 11 Feb 2008 01:53 AM by Olsplittoe. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
NEW YORK RACK MASTER
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Dec 2007 11:28 PM  

My Father owns a 30 acre piece of property that is mostly a semi swamp area.  Any ideas on what I might be able to plant to attract the whitetails and give them food in the area.  There are some dry spots but alot of swamp where there is little patches of dry (almost little humps .  Thanks

Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Dec 2007 12:51 PM  
There is a lot of stuff you can get to grow in low wet areas as long as it doesn't get submerged often. I would recommend first though that you get a soil test done... Any farming supply store or lawn and garden store should do it or steer you in the right direction on where to get it done. I work for a Farming Co-Operative and I have done lots of soil testing. The areas close to swamps are usually very very fertile, but the soil gets very acidic because of all the leaves and decay in it. So I am sure you will have to spread some lime before you put out anything. It takes a while for that lime to break down to be effective (usually a few months at least) so the sooner you can get it tested the better!! Otherwise you will throw out your seed and not get much of a stand of anything...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Feb 2008 12:38 PM  
rye grass
Olsplittoe
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Feb 2008 01:53 AM  
rice should do well
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!