Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

keep out
Last Post 28 Nov 2007 03:41 AM by brk49er. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
fishmaster911
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Nov 2007 01:49 AM  
what would be a good way to keep deer out of my food plot so it has time to grow? . i plan on planting them about 6yd x 60yd . i want to fence in about 20 or 30yds of it so it can grow. well i guess my first question should be is, would that be a good idea?
brk49er
Monitored User
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Nov 2007 03:41 AM  
They sell a tape, kind of like marking ribbon, that has a scent on it that the deer fear. You just wrap it around the field like a fence and supposedly it works pretty good. I think ive seen it advertised by buckmasters before. If i find it i'll let you know. Fencing a field off from deer is pretty tricky. Electric fences work after they run through it about three times and tear it to heck and back, barbed wire is a joke, anything under seven feet high is useless. So at that you have very few choices but the stinky tape.
One thing that might work being from the south is planting turnips with rye or wheat, they will browse the rye and wheat heavily but they generally dont eat the turnips until after the first frost, but it doesnt take them long to eat the turnips up after that first frost. Ive had them to eat a half acre of large healthy turnips over night.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!