Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Hog Wild Attractant
Last Post 14 Dec 2008 09:44 AM by cfiloteo3. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Oct 2007 03:53 AM  
I have heard some good things about this product, but I used it this weekend with no luck. The deer liked it a lot, yet we didn't see any pigs. My friend used some hog wild with some corn about a month ago with the same result. I don't think I will be using it again.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Nov 2007 08:50 PM  
yea I bought some from basspro and used it with sour corn the hogs ate it, try that, let some corn soak in beer for a while then mix in the hog wild, the deer will probly be spooked by it but I garantee the hogs will love it
SOUTHERN PRIDE
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
29 Nov 2007 03:11 AM  
I've used it. Can't say that it has helped or hurt my pig hunts. I sprayed it on my boots and around my stand before a hunt and it didn't seem to get their attention when they finally showed up, but it didn't spook them either.
rstuart44
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Nov 2007 06:21 PM  
Sure fire way to bring in hogs and keep them there. Take 50# bag of corn and soak it over night. Start with hot water. Next day soak again for 24 hours to help corn ferment. Select your location and dig a hole with post hole diggers about 3 - 4 feet deep about a foot around. Pour in corn. Then take oil, used car oil, kitchen oil, etc and pour it around the hole you dug. The hogs will return again and again until the corn is gone and will keep coming to roll in the oil. They will make a bathtub size hole rolling in the oil. They get the oil on their skin then will rub trees to help with bugs, etc. Proven and works everytime.
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Nov 2007 11:41 PM  
I'd hate to ask this question, but do you know if hogs are even in the area?
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
04 Dec 2007 05:53 PM  
under his name says south texas so why wouldnt there be hogs in his area, another way you can get hogs is take a carpet wrap it around a dead tree and put disel fuel on it its a pretty expensive way with the gas prices up now and like rstuart44 said oil works to but the stink corn is your best bet
SOUTHERN PRIDE
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Dec 2007 02:00 PM  
Ok I'm gonna give away my trade secret,Black Gold.It does work!!We use it alot when we trap out for hogs,it can be used with any feed,pour it on the ground an they will make a new wallow,pour it on the side of a tree-they will about rub in in half over a span of time(keep freshing it up an they will use if for a long long time.
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
08 Feb 2008 08:41 PM  
Posted By rebel deer hunter on 12/04/2007 11:53 AM
under his name says south texas so why wouldnt there be hogs in his area, another way you can get hogs is take a carpet wrap it around a dead tree and put disel fuel on it its a pretty expensive way with the gas prices up now and like rstuart44 said oil works to but the stink corn is your best bet

JUST BECAUSE HE LIVES IN TEXAS DOES NOT MEAN HE HAS PIGS IN HIS AREA ...I LIVE AND HUNT IN SOUTH ALABAMA AND DO NOT HAVE PIGS ON OR NEAR OUR PROPERTY AS FAR AS WE CAN TELL OR HAVE SEEN...BUT 20 MILES DOWN THE ROAD THEY ARE LIKE FLYS.....
MIKE EVERETT
Paul Braddick
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Dec 2008 07:04 PM  
I've tried 2 ways of using hogwild mixing it with corn and spreading it on the ground with no results and used a post hole digger making a 3 ft deep hole filling a 1/4 way with corn then 1/3 bag of hogwild did that all the way to the top of the hole  covered it with a little dirt and within 5 days the hogs had rooted it all the way to the bottom of the hole I dug. took 4 nice hogs from that spot and my dad took 3 hogs also. BUT you have to put it where you know you have hogs coming through.
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 Dec 2008 09:44 AM  
For the record, I hunt in a town that is forty five minutes away from the border. We are infested with wild pigs.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!