Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Thompson/Center Encore
Last Post 01 Nov 2009 05:25 AM by TCFAN. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Sep 2007 01:14 PM  
Does any one own or ever use the Thompson/Center Encore gun? And if so do you own more than one barrel for the gun?

I am wondering if this gun is really worth the price of being able to have a different gun just by switching the barrels. I have not been able to find out what the price for a complete gun is, but I know that just a barrel cost between $250 and $320.

About a year ago when they first opened in my home town, I went to Bass Pro shop to find out if they had the gun and what the price was. They told me that they did have the gun, but they did not tell me what the price was. They just gave me a flier, which did not have the prices listed either. To get the price of the Barrels I went to Thompson/Center website, but they did not have anything listed, so I went to Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops website, and did a search for Thompson and they both listed several barrels. but nothing Listed for the complete gun. Like maybe a 30-06, that is what I am thinking about starting off with, that is if I ever get the money to get me a rifle.

But right now I am just trying to find out some good information, and maybe even find a good alternative for a good rifle that does not cost a lot. since I am on a limited income of a Unemployed Disabled Veteran.

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Sep 2007 03:58 AM  
Yea Ron, i own one and love it. i have several barrels for it and like how it can be used for every game out there. the cost for a new rifle with blued barrel and walnut stock will run you around $550. they are worth every penny! mine shoots great in any caliber i put on it from .223 to .45-70 govt.
if you have any questions i haven't answered just drop me a PM.
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
Mississippi
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Sep 2007 05:54 AM  
Ron, I agree with Phoenix, its a great gun that shoots very well. However if you short on funds I suggest New England Arms. There single shot also, and you can buy different barrels for them as well. Some even come as combos. My stepson had a .243/ .20guage. One screw and the barrel slips off. You can get this gun in pretty much any caliber and usually for about 150-200 bucks. These guns shoot very well.  They are very accurate for the money. Check out their web sight.
"Only perfect practice makes perfect, anything else just gets you good at being bad."
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Sep 2007 02:11 PM  
I own a encore with 4 barrels,a G2 with 4 barrels and am shopping for a old style contender frame to replace the one I sold years ago during my divorce sale.They are great guns,loads of fun,but it is a expensive hobby to get into Ray,because you'll never have enough barrels..My personal suggestion for you,would be to buy a Mossburg AT100 either in 270 or 30-06,you can get them NEW for under $300 without tax just about anywhere.But if you get serious about a TC,please email me before you buy Ray,that way I can try to save you some money down the road.
Urimaginaryfrnd

--
27 Sep 2007 01:38 PM  
I have three Encores one is pistol frame two are rifle frames, two .50 cal musket barrels, 1 12 ga slug pro hunter barrel, 1 .375 H& H barrel , one 45-70 pistol barrel. I have had 30-06 pro hunter 25-06 pro hunter and .308 pistol barrels. For some reason some barrels shoot well and others do not group well. Bullberry makes the best most accurate Encore barrels http://www.bullberry.com/index.html but for them to work at their best you need their fore end. The frames require that you fill out paperwork same as any other firearm to purchase. The barrels do not require paperwork to purchase. If you simply want an accurate rifle at a decent price I would buy a Savage accutrigger rifle.
THUNDERHEAD 125
))))==========>
THE BUCK STOPS HERE
TCFAN
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Nov 2009 05:25 AM  

I second everything they said. I started out with the .50 cal muzzleloader and have sence bought a 25/05 barrel. But it isn't grouping as well as my other rifles so I'm goin to tweek it a bit after season. Going to start off with the Adjustable hinge screw TC has then start handloading for it. Can't go wrong with a TC product !  

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!