Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Trigger Pull
Last Post 20 Sep 2007 03:58 PM by gdubya. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Polizi212
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Sep 2007 06:48 AM  
My Mossberg 500 has a really tight trigger pull I want to lighten it up a bit can this be done at home or do I really need to take it to a Gunsmith? If so how much am I looking at having to spend on this?
wrenchman30
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Sep 2007 10:06 AM  
shotguns are supposed to have a hard trigger pull. if you go to numrich arms website it may have a drawing of the trigger group you can look at before you attempt to tear it apart. if your mechanically inclined the reworking of triggers is pretty basic stuff. you will need to polish the sear to smooth. this alone will reduce the pull dramatically without the need to reduce the spring tension. the spring tension is essential to have a safe firearm. another thing you might want to consider is 50 or 100 dollars for a pro job worth the possiblity of your life or anothers if the trigger fails causing a unwanted discharge. if you do tear the trigger group apart the springs can fly out. wear glasses and work in a closed room with smooth floors so you can sweep to find it. put something over any vents. good luck.
Polizi212
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Sep 2007 02:30 PM  
Posted By wrenchman30 on 09/01/2007 4:06 AM
shotguns are supposed to have a hard trigger pull. if you go to numrich arms website it may have a drawing of the trigger group you can look at before you attempt to tear it apart. if your mechanically inclined the reworking of triggers is pretty basic stuff. you will need to polish the sear to smooth. this alone will reduce the pull dramatically without the need to reduce the spring tension. the spring tension is essential to have a safe firearm. another thing you might want to consider is 50 or 100 dollars for a pro job worth the possiblity of your life or anothers if the trigger fails causing a unwanted discharge. if you do tear the trigger group apart the springs can fly out. wear glasses and work in a closed room with smooth floors so you can sweep to find it. put something over any vents. good luck.

Thanks wrenchman30, I know shotguns are supposed to have a stiff trigger but mine is excessive to the point that if your hands are cold it is really hard to pull and keep consitant groups. I am a Military trained shooter so trigger pull is very important to me too much causes bad shooting..I will check out the site you refered to thanks for your reply I really do appreciate it

tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
01 Sep 2007 03:36 PM  
I would recommend a gun smith.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Dakota Danny
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Sep 2007 07:05 AM  
I'd agree with the gunsmith idea...

If it's a simple screw/allen wrench adjustment - then go for it...when you start talking grinding and shaping the mechanics, you may in-advertantly make a hair trigger...
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Sep 2007 12:16 PM  

There is also a divise you can get that mounts on the inside, bottom of the trigger guard. It looks like a trigger, but is is down and presses against the actual trigger. This is suppose to help make pulling the trigger easier.

I do not remember where I saw this at. I think it was in a few hunting magizines, or it was on the internet.

But I have seen it several times over the last 8 to 10 years, if not longer. So it must work!!!

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Wg
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Sep 2007 10:26 PM  
www.ezpulltriggerassist.com
I love mine-never shoot another longgun without it!!
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Sep 2007 05:27 AM  
Yep!!! That be it!!! That is what I was talking about.

As I said above I have not tried it, but I have seen it around for years and Have read some comments about it. So I would say it is good. And you don't have to worry about paying anyone to go anything, and you don't have to mess with the trigger either. Just install this thing and it should help.
Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
od green
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Sep 2007 09:43 PM  
I bought two almost a year ago, one for my slug gun and another for a 22 lr . they do work but it takes some getting used to, i like the one for the slug gun but when it gets cold i'll remove cause you can't wear gloves.
Wg
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Sep 2007 03:58 PM  
Posted By od green on 09/03/2007 3:43 PM
I bought two almost a year ago, one for my slug gun and another for a 22 lr . they do work but it takes some getting used to, i like the one for the slug gun but when it gets cold i'll remove cause you can't wear gloves.

Gloves are definately a little shaky with it! I usually hunt with winter golf gloves or those mittens that flip up either way I wouldn't suggest using gloves on your trigger finger w/ the E-Z Pull.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!