Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Winchester Supreme Silvertips
Last Post 10 Jun 2012 11:43 PM by Gary Trople. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bootlegger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Jun 2012 06:24 AM  
I Deer hunt with a Remington 770 .243 here in Eastern TN. I have always used Remington 100 gr. Core Lokt shells in both my old Savage 110 .243 and now my newer 770. I'm thinking about going to Winchester Supreme 95 grain ballistic silver tips. There the the silver hull and black bullet. I'm sure you all know which ones...lol. Are those better than the Remington Core Lokt for Whitetails?

One more question..what about the Hornady 95gr. SST .243 shells?

Thanks for your time & Help

Mark
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
10 Jun 2012 11:01 PM  
Try Hornady 95 grn SST,they are awesome.My son and I both use them in our 270's. He killed his first deer with a 243 using the SST's (almost 200 yds).

Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Gary Trople
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Jun 2012 11:43 PM  
Mark I live in Wa. I hunt Black tail and mulies.I also hunted with the remington core lock for mostof my life.But last year Itryed the Hornady sst in 165grn.I got both my deer with 1 shot each.the Black tail was at 175 yards. A chest shot.Dropped him in his tracks. When I got up to him he was just about gutted.on the mulie it was a275 yard broudside shot I took him right be rined the sholder .It took out his hart and also the other sholder was so blood shot that I couldn't save any meat at all. I like the ammo but it realy dose a job on the meat Gary
Gary Trople
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Jun 2012 11:43 PM  
Mark I live in Wa. I hunt Black tail and mulies.I also hunted with the remington core lock for mostof my life.But last year Itryed the Hornady sst in 165grn.I got both my deer with 1 shot each.the Black tail was at 175 yards. A chest shot.Dropped him in his tracks. When I got up to him he was just about gutted.on the mulie it was a275 yard broudside shot I took him right be rined the sholder .It took out his hart and also the other sholder was so blood shot that I couldn't save any meat at all. I like the ammo but it realy dose a job on the meat Gary
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!