Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Ammo reloading
Last Post 08 Jan 2010 04:07 PM by WVHunter129. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jchdh
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Jan 2010 03:15 AM  

I was just wandering what all I would need to start reloading my own bullets.  And how to do it. I've heard that your own reloads will shoot much better than factory made bullets. If anybody who reloads their own bullets please give me all of tha info you got.

WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
08 Jan 2010 04:07 PM  

Reloading is fun and also it gives you a sense of pride when you have harvested your animal with your own reloads.

I have been doing it for 5 years now. I started out with the LEE Anniversary kit. That gives you a single stage press, scales, trimmer, primer pocket cleaner and some other stuff. Check out LEE's website at:  http://www.leeprecision.com/

The main thing is check out your local library and look for the LEE Reloading Manual. You can order it from LEE and it will tell you ALL you need to know about reloading. It also has the recipes for reloading ammo for various calibers and brands of bullets. This book I would recommend to anyone starting out. You may be able to find it on eBay or Amazon.com

Also, here is a link that hopefully will help you understand some of the basics:  http://forum.pafoa.org/ammunition-r...first.html

Now a lot of people put LEE equipment down, but for the beginner this is what I would recommend. Once you get the LEE Anniversary kit, you also have to order the dies for your particular caliber firearm that you are going to reload for. All of my dies are LEE brand dies. I reload for 303 British, 8x57 Mauser, 30-06, 25-06, 30-30, 380 ACP, 9MM, 40 S&W and 45 ACP.

I enjoy reloading and have never looked back. A lot of people will tell you that it isn't worth it, but I like being able to reload. People will say that reloading doesn't save you any money and that you would have to do a lot of shooting to recoup the price of the equipment. Well when I got into reloading I said to myself that I would just write off (not think about) recouping my money from my initial investment of the equipment to reload. I like being able to load up my own ammo, I can choose a lot of bullets types and grains that just aren't commerically available. I can work up a load that best suits my rifle or handgun.

I even reload my own 12 gauge shotshells for my shotguns.

I hope this information and the links I provide will help you.

If you need anything else just ask. But, give me a day or two, maybe a week cause I don't visit on a daily basis.

WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!