Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

New Rifle
Last Post 05 Dec 2009 01:45 PM by gehee. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
northernwhitetail
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Aug 2009 02:31 AM  
Iam looking at an AR style rifle. But i want a caliber i can use on deer and larger game like black bear and moose. do they offer this style rifle in a caliber big enough?
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
04 Sep 2009 03:23 PM  
THE NEW ONE I JUST LOOKED AT IS A REMINGTON R20 (I THINK) BUT THE BIGGEST CAL THEY MAKE IS A 308.BUT IT LOOKED NICE......
MIKE EVERETT
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Sep 2009 10:20 PM  
There are many calibers that are "deer hunting worthy" that are available on the AR-15 platform. I have several myself. The standard .223 (5.56) is legal in my state, but not a great choice. So i got several other uppers that serve different purposes.

.300 Whisper is a great round with the same size bullet as a .308. Plus it even uses .223 brass that has been fireformed to the larger bore, so you know it will feed reliably from an AR mag.

Also, look at the .50 Beowulf. Big bore without the big kick.

6.8 Remington spc is fairly new cartridge that was just made for this purpose too. About the same diameter bullet as a .270 (.268" to be precise) so I do see it's implications as hunting rifle.
fmsniper
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Dec 2009 12:37 AM  

I use 308 DPMS, my wife and son 6.8 spc and 6.5 grendel longer range all for deer

rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
04 Dec 2009 08:54 PM  
remmington has one out I think its the r25 that shoots 308, I think this new style is really going to stir up some %^&*, I dont like it cause it looks for like a military rifle rather than a huntn rifle. But im not against it cause we hunters got to stick together, theres not that many of use compared to nonhunters and antis
SOUTHERN PRIDE
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
05 Dec 2009 01:33 AM  
Posted By rebel deer hunter on 12/04/2009 2:54 PM
remmington has one out I think its the r25 that shoots 308, I think this new style is really going to stir up some %^&*, I dont like it cause it looks for like a military rifle rather than a huntn rifle. But im not against it cause we hunters got to stick together, theres not that many of use compared to nonhunters and antis

WELL SAID

Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Gehee
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Dec 2009 01:45 PM  
a number of companies make them. you are looking for the AR 10 platform (for the 308 family)which is what the original AR platform was before the army decided to go with a light caliber. some companies make the 10 all the way up to 338 federal, but any member of the 308 family from the 260 on up will take moose and elk to 250 yds with appropriate bullets.
also, remington came out with a purpose built caliber to fit the ar15 (they call it r15) in a 30 caliber that basically matches 308 ballistics from a 223 length cartridge.
it's the 30 remington ar or something like that.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!