Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
muzzleloader scope
Last Post 14 Aug 2007 04:22 PM by doeslayer. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Will trade WIFE for gun
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2007 02:47 PM  
Hi All:
I run a knight disc extreem with 150 gr and shockwave 250's hits and kicks like a sledgehammer.
I need to upgrade my optics. At 45 years old I am noticing some early morning and late evening low light sight problems.(tired of hearing KABOOM when I am still squinting to see trees)
I have looked at about every scope on the market but cant get the combination of at least 4"eye releif and 25-30 yard field of view at 100 yards in a burris wich seems to be the brightest scope I have looked through.Anybody out there had expierience with the nikon omega or other good scope and can tell me who has the better light gathering capabilities with the options I want????
Lookin at cars go by out the gun shop window is gettin me nowhere.
Firepoggy
8 Point
8 Point

--
04 Aug 2007 04:47 PM  
I had a burris scope when I purchased my current muzzleloader. I had a problem with the scope giving a "fuzzy" picture when zoomed in past 4power (3-9x40). I sent the scope to burris for repair and they did a "hack" job. The scope was still fuzzy and now you could see glue from them pieceing the scope back together.

I was able to work a deal at the retailer where I purchased the burris scope and purchased a Nikon Omega as a replacement. I am extremely happy with that decision. The scope is clear no matter how far I zoom in and the BDC reticle works better than the burris model did.

I am unsure about the specifications you are wanting at this moment, my manuals are in the safe. But I think you would be happier with a Nikon.
To Authenticate the posting experience, this post may contain impact shots.
mc6528
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Aug 2007 05:06 PM  
I have a Nikon ProStaff 3x9-40 on a Remington 742 .30-06 & it works great.
Bought a Nikon Buckmasters 3x9-40 w/BDC off of eBay for $165.00 NEW & put it on my m/l.  I'm EXTREMELY pleased with everything about it.  I also have a Zeiss Conquest 3.5x10-42 ($599.99) on my .25-06 & the quality & clarity is unparalleled. 
The Zeiss is a remarkable scope BUT it isn't 3x's (price vs quality) better than the Nikon Buckmasters
Never owned a Burris so don't have an opinion on them. However, we all know you can get good & bad in ANY brand.
Just my 2¢!
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Forestclimber
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Aug 2007 04:10 AM  
How about a 4X Leupold?
Will trade WIFE for gun
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Aug 2007 12:50 PM  
Thanks all for the input.Yea the omega seems to be winning in my mind also. As for the specs yea you can get the eye relief and field of view in the omega i was wanting.
Now I just need a kitchen pass from the doe to spend the money.
Anyone know how to sneek $250 past a woman.............didnt think so.
cb
8 Point
8 Point

--
05 Aug 2007 10:07 PM  
"Anyone know how to sneek $250 past a woman.............didnt think so."

Tell her that you bought it for her but you wish to borrow it for a while
eversboys
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Aug 2007 10:29 PM  

Make a few trips and carry small bills until you have the whole $250 out the house.

move once, ive gotcha
move twice, youre dead
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Aug 2007 12:21 AM  
Good luck on getting the money past your wife!Personaly I have a 3x9x40 tasco on my CVA Mag Bolt.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Vandy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Aug 2007 04:15 AM  
I have a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 on my muzzleloader and it works great, very clear and is bright, and it holds its zero. Give it a look. Try to go to a shop and look through one in a low light surrounding and compare them that way.
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Aug 2007 05:58 PM  
I'm with poggy, I purchased a Nicon Omega for use on my T/C Omega i feel that this scope is by far the best that i have owned, it has great light gathering capability, is very clear and the BDC works as advertized.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
mc6528
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Aug 2007 07:03 PM  
Posted By doeslayer on 08/06/2007 11:58 AM
I'm with poggy, I purchased a Nicon Omega for use on my T/C Omega i feel that this scope is by far the best that i have owned, it has great light gathering capability, is very clear and the BDC works as advertized.

Hey doeslayer, I just bought an Omega (have a Nikon Omega scope to put on it).  What load (powder, bullet, etc)are you shooting in yours?

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
T
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Aug 2007 09:18 PM  
Posted By superglide on 08/05/2007 6:50 AM
Thanks all for the input.Yea the omega seems to be winning in my mind also. As for the specs yea you can get the eye relief and field of view in the omega i was wanting.
Now I just need a kitchen pass from the doe to spend the money.
Anyone know how to sneek $250 past a woman.............didnt think so.

yea!!! come over here, let me hit you a couple times with a baseball bat and you can go home and say you were beat up and robbed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Will trade WIFE for gun
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2007 04:32 PM  
Ok but you are gonna look funny with that bat stickin out of your ass.
Will trade WIFE for gun
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2007 04:32 PM  
Ok but you are gonna look funny with that bat stickin out of your ass.
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 Aug 2007 04:22 PM  

I use 150 gr. of triple 7 and a 250 grain T/C Shockwave, seem to be the best thing that i have found for mu Omega.

wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!