Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

25 ACP adapter Breech Plug for TC Omega
Last Post 03 Nov 2009 12:45 PM by BigV. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mike Dunlap
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Feb 2009 08:39 PM  
I have recently seen info on a 25 ACP Breech Plug adapter that is made by Precision Bullets. Evidebntly, by using the small rifle primer in a 25 ACP Shell and the PB made breech plug for the TC Omega, they are claiming that this device reduces fouling and still provides all the ignition you need for all loads in the TC Omega. Has anyone tried this device and what can you tell me about your results?
horshoe
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Jul 2009 06:57 PM  
I havent tried it but I have read the same info. and believe they have a valid point. My encore shoots best with 2-50 grain 777 pellets and 1-30 for a total of 130 grains and with a 200 grain shockwave bullet. Using the 25 acp shell and breech plug you need to use loose powder instead of pellets so it makes it less convenient to load but you gain a slight edge in long range accuracy and loose powder cleans up easier than the pellets. My barrel is stainless and cleans easy anyway so I choose the pellets for convenience. The pellets require a 209 primer for proper ignition. The 25 acp shell is not recommended for igniting pellets.
BigV
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Nov 2009 12:45 PM  
I have used the .25 ACP conversion for over 2 years now.
I have nothing but good things to say. My accuracy has improved to better that 1” groups at 100 yards.
I have used both pellets and loose powder in Pyrodex and 777. I have had NO ignition problems using the small pistol primers in a 25 ACP casing. I have found (in my experience) that 110 grains (by volume) of 777 with 245 gr. PowerBelts have worked the best for me.

In addition, I have purchases over 1,000 used pieces of .25 ACP brass for around $35.00. Small pistol primers are currently selling for around $40.00 per 1,000. So 1,000 .25 ACP's primed would cost about 7 and 1/2 cents each ( $7.50 per 100) and the brass is reusable for many reloads.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!