Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

7m-08
Last Post 29 Dec 2008 02:29 PM by btr568. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Big Daryl
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Dec 2008 04:23 AM  
Having hunted with the 270 all my life I wasn`t one to make a change as I have taken  almost every species In N. America including all species of Deer,Elk,Caribou,bear,Bison,hogs etc... The last couple years I have started using the 7m-08 with my Encore. It has proven to be an outstanding caliber for deer. A great medium range bullet.The 140 grain bullet is an excellent choice. Don`t rule the 7m-08 out until you have tried it.
kitterick
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Dec 2008 01:16 PM  
do you notice any recoil advantage.....?  I have had some say 7mm-08 kicks more, less, and the same

I am between the model 7, model 700, or new model 70

of course the model 7 does not come 270 but it does come  7mm-08

I have heard nothing bad about 7mm08 other than knockdown at 300+ pails  compared to the 270, and availability of ammo ( I do not reload)

finally, if the 270 is flatter farther out, why would you switch to a shorter action of arguably the "same thing"

any thoughts would be great!
DRENALIN
SIDEWINDER LX
AXIS ST
G5 STRIKER
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Dec 2008 04:03 PM  
To me the recoil is a little less than a 270,which I shoot and the ammo is not hard to get around here.My son has a 7mm-08 and uses the 140 grn core lokts,I ahve also seen ammo in the stores here by Hornady,Winchester and I think federal.
Personaly I think the 7mm-08 is a great little gun but I wouldn't trade my 270 for it.Like I said it's personal prefernce .
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Dec 2008 02:29 PM  
I have owned just about every deer caliber at one time or other,since I have been hunting.Before I got married to my wife,I took her to the Gunshop and bought her a Ruger SS compact in 7mm-08,told her to learn to use it or be left behind.It's a great caliber,plenty of knock down.Here also ammo is pretty common.My wife stands 5'2" tall,it's not bad on recoil.If you want a little extra ummof for a shot use Hornady Light Mags,trust me there is a diffence in Preium ammo(Don't use the Light mags in anything but a bolt action or a Browning BLR,don't ask me how I know,but I know)
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!