Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Fusion Bullets
Last Post 06 Dec 2008 05:14 AM by whunter83. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Chuckwagon Sam

--
04 Dec 2007 10:00 PM  
Last year I moaned about the federal Fusion Bullets tearing up my deer. Well this year i waited too long to try to find something else and used them again. Maybe it's just the 270 WSM but these bullets destroy and ruin meat. It just blows up everywhere when it hits bone. Even lung shots with just ribs hit leave a 3" entrance hole . Look at this video, unreal!
s22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/oven5/
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Dec 2007 12:29 AM  
YOW!!!!

Is it safe to say there is no exit hole?  Also, my guess is that these deer don't run far, if at all.??
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
05 Dec 2007 02:35 AM  
WOW.My Dad used those bullets last year in his 270 wsm and it didn't do anything like that.He likes the 150 grn power points.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Dec 2007 04:21 AM  
Now that gives new meaning to entrance hole.Sam you'd be better off with a ballistic tip,it won't tear a deer up near that bad!
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Dec 2007 06:18 PM  
270WSM, what grain bullet? looks like a light bullet to me, Bullet explodes on impact!!!!!!!!
Chuckwagon Sam

--
05 Dec 2007 07:13 PM  
Yep, there was an exit hole the size of a tennis ball with the guts hanging out.
Chuckwagon Sam

--
05 Dec 2007 07:17 PM  
Posted By btr568 on 12/04/2007 10:21 PM
Now that gives new meaning to entrance hole.Sam you'd be better off with a ballistic tip,it won't tear a deer up near that bad!

I switched to Winchester Supreme's 130 Ballistic tip when I returned from Nebraska. Took a couple of Does with it and it does fine.
Chuckwagon Sam

--
05 Dec 2007 07:23 PM  
Posted By Kmehaffey on 12/05/2007 12:18 PM
270WSM, what grain bullet? looks like a light bullet to me, Bullet explodes on impact!!!!!!!!

150 grain and as I said theres always an exit hole. Last year i shot a buck thru the lungs and out the other side without hitting the leg bones. The deer dropped in it's tracks. When I got to it there was a hole the size of a half dollar up thru the backbone between it's shoulder blades. If you don't care about the meat loss this is a destroyer. One doe  I shot a little back, the entire insides was goo, every organ was turned to mush or had pieces of whatever thru it.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Dec 2007 08:11 PM  
thats just crazy, my dad uses a 300 weatherby mag and the whole isnt even that big it as big as the bottom of a soda can unless your huntn elk or other big game i wouldnt use em to much meat loss for shoulder shots
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Dec 2007 04:09 PM  
Sam, i had the complete opposite results when i used the Fusions out of my .300 win mag. i shot that bear two years ago three times and all three shots never expanded. the second shot ****** him off and i had to shoot from the hip on the third shot from less than three feet.
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
Chuckwagon Sam

--
09 Dec 2007 12:59 PM  
Posted By Phoenix on 12/07/2007 10:09 AM
Sam, i had the complete opposite results when i used the Fusions out of my .300 win mag. i shot that bear two years ago three times and all three shots never expanded. the second shot ****** him off and i had to shoot from the hip on the third shot from less than three feet.

Phoenix,
It could be just the 270 bullet.  Every deer I shot, if I hit bone the holes and damage was more than needed to do the job. They just ripped everything up. As the video shows the size of thet hole and it did noy hit the leg bones but just behind, the shock of the bullet passing thru the deer that exited in front of the rear leg forced the  stomach out the entrance hole. I thnk the bullet cannot withstand the pressures of the load and just explodes on impact.
heiner39
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Aug 2008 03:56 PM  
Now that is some serious damage!  I used a 165 grain Fusion bullet to take a big bodied Saskatchewan whitetail last year with my '06 and had great results.  Clear pass through on a double lung shot with a nice quarter size exit.  Deer walked about 10 steps and dropped.  I'd use it again in my '06 but maybe it's not the right round for your gun or perhaps you need a bigger bullet.
whunter83
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Dec 2008 05:14 AM  
i myself shot a deer last year with the 30-30 fusion bullets and they did do a good number on the deer, but it did not ruin any meat it just left an exit hole my fist could fit in.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!