Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

left eye dominant /right hand shooter
Last Post 19 Aug 2013 06:05 PM by Geecheeboy. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
Schmerder
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2013 04:58 PM  
Hi, Can i get some help.. My grandson is left eye dominant but is a righty all the way .bow,gun, baseball,etc what would be the best gun scope for him to use ,,reflex etc?? deer hunting 20ga, thanks for any suggestions it's appreciated. Chip
Schmerder
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2013 05:03 PM  

Posted By Schmerder on 08 Aug 2013 10:58 AM
Hi, Can i get some help.. My grandson is left eye dominant but is a righty all the way .bow,gun, baseball,etc what would be the best gun scope for him to use ,,reflex etc?? deer hunting 20ga,i.ve read about scoping using both eyes?/ thanks for any suggestions it's appreciated. Chip

Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Aug 2013 06:05 PM  
With a shotgun, I'd suggest keeping both eyes open and learning to shoot instinctively. You could try buying a cheap eye patch at a local drug store and having him wear it over the left eye, while learning to shoot without actually lining up the bead on his target with the right eye only. Once he's gotten proficient at hitting clay targets that way, then remove the eye patch and see how he manages with both eyes open. If he can learn to hit the clays this way, deer shouldn't be a problem as long as he's shooting buckshot. If using slugs, then perhaps a reflex site would be another way to go.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, DU, QDMA, ASA, OYOA, Everyday Hunter, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!