Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Would you call this poaching or need ?
Last Post 27 Mar 2010 07:11 PM by newhunter. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
heightman55
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Feb 2010 12:43 AM  
I am a victim of the current economy. I am an avid whitetail hunter an follow all my states laws. Although I hunted hard throughout the 3 seasons [Archery Shotgun and Blackpowder] I did not score Currently I have a choice of paying the rent and utilities or buying food. To cold here in New England this time of the year to be homeless or without heat. So here is my question I have had 8-14 deer coming thru my yard a few times a week since the season ended. One night last week a neighbor counted 8 Bucks in the group. Besides the "law" how many of you would think it is wrong to take one of the bucks if I can get a CLEAN shot at him with my bow. I know that in a few weeks they will drop their antlers, and I sure do not want to take a doe. So should I or shouldn't I do it now while I can still be certain it is a buck I take. Not to piss anyone off but please dont respond with go to a food pantry, been there and the only thing you get is canned veggies and rice no meat except a pre-cooked chicken or two thats at least 5 days past its sell date. I never thought I would even think of doing this but I feel I must if I want to eat.
BIG RED
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Feb 2010 01:47 PM  
yes,it's poaching no matter how you look at it.it's out of season.you can go to the pantry for some of the items you need since you alredy paid for it through the taxes you paid while working.personally i don't have a problem with it as long as you do it to feed your family and not for the trophy.don't be to proud to ask for a helping hand and i hope what ever chioce you make works out for you.
life member nahc,nafc,amvets.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Feb 2010 09:53 PM  
I agree killing out of season is poaching.........if your are truley in need,you would not worry about horns.
Please don't break the law......ask for help,Big Red is right,you paid for those services with your tax money.God Bless and I also hope things work out.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
heightman55
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Feb 2010 04:23 PM  
Thanks for the feed back and thank you Big Red for you comment. It sure wont be for the trophy. I watched 3 feeding last night at 11:30 still a few acorns on the ground. Looked like mom and her yearlings there were a few others behind a stockade fence that I could not see but the people on the second floor said there were at least 5 others behind the fence. The real funny thing was there was a gray fox feeding along with them. I live in a city of 96,000 its amazing that there is so much wildlife in the neighborhood our homes are close together and most of the lots are under 10,000 sq.ft. Wanted so badly to grab my bow but just watched in amazement as the grazed around the front yard no further than 26 feet from my window. Was told they were back out there at 5:00 A.M. this morning.
bill
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Feb 2010 07:22 PM  
any fishing in your area? how about small game or hogs? i would try those before thinking about poaching. good luck to you.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
16 Feb 2010 11:29 PM  
You should get some pics.....they would be cool to see
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
newhunter
12 Point
12 Point

--
27 Mar 2010 07:11 PM  
Try going to your local food banks all states have them. Poaching is not worth it.

Webfetti.com

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!