Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
why?
Last Post 04 Jan 2010 03:52 AM by agarza5. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
andrew
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Jan 2010 04:06 AM  

i have a question?  i have a big heard of does in my area of hunting and i have been Blown (or wheezed) at with no wind in the deers direction or me not moving.  i dont know why this occurs, is it something else or have i been BUSTED?  i also see alot of small rubs on trees all the way to my feeding area, i have spotted one big buck but never seen him again.  any suggestions for next season in 2010Thanks

CPTMEDC
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Jan 2010 07:44 PM  

That is an odd scenario. If my two cents are worth anything I would offer these as possible answers:

First, and most correctable- they saw you. Be  it subtle movement, poor stand/cover, bad camo. This is the easiest fix, but probable one you've already corrected.

Second- Scent- No wind and heavy air= odor everywhere. If there was no wind your odor will permeate where it wants to go to. The other scent issue is if these deer crossed where you came in. They'll smell you on the ground and scrub that you brush against.

Third- It is possible that your spot is not as good as you think, unless you're hunting does. In areas that aren't particulary deer friendly, such as open or low cover funnel areas does will "blow" through them. I feel it is their generally uneasy feeling in these areas and also trying to establish noises they hear as a deer(which they say will blow back).

If I had not witnessed this on multiple occasions in different areas, I would take this third reason as bologna. However, couple this with not seeing bucks(usually a good sign of a poor area), and I would put money on it that this is not only the reason you are hearing all the blowing, but why you aren't seeing the bucks.

Good luck. Hope it improves for you.

andrew
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Jan 2010 03:52 AM  

well i have realtree AP leaf flauge. and mossy oak break up. its a heavy fed area. i hunt of a fence line, i shot one doe and missed a spike on the same day, but i know there is continuous movement there.  season is over and im going to change everything next season.  Maybe a tripod in that area and tree stand on the creek?  IDK.  i was un noticed during bow season.  East texas is a placew you have to HUNT.  trust me.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!