Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

When is the Rut in East TX????
Last Post 04 Jan 2010 04:07 AM by agarza5. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Jason
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Nov 2009 04:41 PM  

Hey everyone... im hunting in east texas about 100 miles south of Tyler... i saw alot of bucks moving and chasing in late October this year...  I was just curious if this might be considered the "pre rut" and now being the end of November.. is this the time for the actual Rut?   I know this is a dumb question but I dont get to go out as often as I would like to and want to try and make it back in at a good time while the bucks may be moving... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

wingmaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Nov 2009 11:58 PM  

I hunt about 45 miles north of Tyler on Lake O The Pines and you are right bucks were chasing does a little in Oct. and this is called the prerut. But you can usually count on the rut to start to peak one week before Thanksgiving and usually run about a week after, this is also influenced by the stage of the moon and temperature. Now this is my opinion and I have been hunting East Texas for 40 yrs. You are wrong about one thing though when you don't know , there is no such thing as a dumb question

Jason
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Nov 2009 02:31 PM  
thanks wingmaster!! i really do appreciate the response!
andrew
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Jan 2010 04:07 AM  
dude. i hunt in sabine county! October had to be the rut. i rattled grunted and bleated. no response in november, national forest and our land. we have the same question. all i can say is i wish we could spotlight! haha j/k
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!