Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Bullet wieght and powder charge ?
Last Post 19 Nov 2009 02:45 PM by DenBob. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
heightman55
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Oct 2009 02:53 PM  

Last night I purchased a Thompson Center Omega 50cal. rifle. I am just wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what weight/type bullet works best in this rifle and how much powder/ or how many pellets should be used. I hunt in an area that rarely presents more than a 100 yard clean shot. I have never fired a blackpowder rifle so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and Good Luck to all this season.

hunt5months
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Oct 2009 08:25 PM  
Well buddy I use a cva magnum hunter and a friend if mine uses a knight and we have both tried just about every bullet there is out there and we both like the thompson center mag express sabut he uses 240 gr i use 180 gr they are the most accuret rounds we have found I droped a doe sunday morning and the exit was about the size of a golfball from about 150 yards or so I use 100 gr of powder not sure but i think he uses 150 gr i have never had a problem with 100 it works well for me just remember when u load up pack it down real good I throw my ram rod down the barrel tell it bonces back out. The 240 gr are easy to find the 180 you have to order from bass pro or cabelas i havent been able to find them anywere else.
crockett
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Nov 2009 02:45 PM  
I have an Encore and shoot a 260gr. Harvester funnel point in a crush sabot in front of 100grs. of Blackhorn 209, very accurate.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!