Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Agriculture Land Challenges
Last Post 15 Oct 2009 07:34 PM by Troutmaster. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jb
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Oct 2009 03:58 PM  

Stands have been established since last year; food plots in on wooded edges and in clearings; been watching deer travel patterns.......but, we just have too many crops (corn) still standing.  I know the hunting will be great in late season; as they will change to fence-rows and more wooded area coverage.  But, any advice during the earlier season?  I've spent DAYS bow-hunting; only to see the occasional doe/fawn pairs or trios and 2 young bucks.  Great videos; but no vension.  I'm not into the whole rattle/call/over use of scents/over pressuring of 1 stand/ect.  Any advice for the rest of the earlier season or for setting the stage for next year?  (NE Wisconsin)

Troutmaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Oct 2009 07:34 PM  

In many ways deer are like us. They favor certain foods over others as long as it's available and at the same time they like to feel secure. You might want to carefully look over the food sources in your area and try to determine which is seeing the most activity. It will probably be one that also offers the security I mentioned such as thick cover very near by into which they can retreat if disturbed. Setting up a trail cam is how many of us make that determination . Good luck to you.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!