Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
First Hunt
Last Post 13 Nov 2010 04:40 PM by coffeeaholic. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
arfdr18
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Sep 2009 01:54 PM  

I am new to hunting. I am going to try to get a deer this year. Can any of you give me some tips on what I need to buy? I was on Bass Pro’s web site looking for calls and scents things like that and it just like anything else, one product is better that there competitors. Now I’m lost don’t know what to buy. I’m good on the tree stand and rifle. I’m pretty sure that I’m in a good spot, there are signs that they are bedding in front of my stand and there are three or four trails that also cross my stand. If you would tell me what kind of call I should get and what kind of scent. I’m not picky on what kind of deer I get, if this helps.

Thanks for your help,

Nathan

droptranch
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Oct 2009 07:28 PM  

If you are bow hntin your stand is good, but usually not good idea to put stand right on trail or rubs.  You want to set your stand close by but not right on trails.  I used acorn rage spray on an area when I didn't have corn in area (west texas) and it brought them in.  Also wilgame innovations has a deoderant looking stick you rub on trees etc.  I think itscalled Buck Calm, we are going to try that, heard good things about it.  Get you a trail camera at walmart to see what ya got out there. good luck, its an obsession.

hunt5months
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Oct 2009 04:07 AM  
I pritty much only use 2 calls the mad buck grawl and the primos original can.As for scents i use code blue standing estrus.To bring deer into the area i use just plan old salt pour it on the ground[check state laws on hunting on it].I fill the freezer every year. I hope this helps i love helping out people that want to learn how to hunt.
Brea24
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Oct 2009 05:58 PM  

Hey yall. Im new to hunting as well. I also need basic info on what i should take with me to the stand. Can anyone give me suggestion as to what i should carry?

Thanks,

Brea

Rugermk2
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Nov 2009 06:04 PM  

Well I start off with the basics, an easy to use grunt call, and sometimes a set of rattling antlers(previous sheds I've picked up). Be careful when taking the antlers in if you decide to use them, they will clank around and give you away before your ever in your stand if your not careful. I don't take alot to the stand with me, just a small bag with some food, water, and my chew (i never smoke in my stands). I hunt all day and never leave my stand so the food and water are a must. Also make sure you have all aspects of covering your scent done before you decide to walk in. I use dead down wind in the orange bottle and have came extremely close to deer without them having a clue I was there. Also, try to get to your stand before the sun ever starts to come up, that way you give your area **plenty** of time ot calm down before shooting light. Make no sudden movements once in your stand and it starts to get light. Deer have very good eyesite. Hope this helps,  Good luck to You both, hope you bag nice ones!!!

coffeeaholic
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Nov 2010 04:40 PM  
I'm a new old hunter!! I hunted as a kid only taken one deer & it was a doe but haven't hunted since I was 18 now 43. I went to site in rifle yesterday & didn't get but 4 rounds in kill zone & couldn't hold my rifle still. Any suggestions??
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!