Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

bow ?
Last Post 17 Feb 2009 11:06 PM by kotklegg. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
goose
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Dec 2008 05:39 AM  
I'am interested into getting into bow hunting and get my young kids into hunting. In Mn. the rifle season is to short. My kids shot a bow during a open house and at a booth was tring to inform people how safe archery is in schools. Kids acually injoyed shooting there bows. They had me thinking big time into getting a bow for them and for myself. Been out searching the last few weeks and Im driving myself insane figuring out what bow should I buy. For my kids I would like one that they may use for hunting if they are interested, which they are. Its intimidating trying to pick out bows and arrows. Anything would help. thanks
Myron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Dec 2008 05:08 PM  
the best advice I can give you is to go to a sporting goods store like Bass Pro and try out the bows and talk with the personnel. I went to the Springfield MO store and spent a total of about 4 hours there trying bows and looking and watching customers. Finally I decided on the Diamond Black Ice package. Check out my profile for pics in Huntin' Camp.
Good Luck
winded
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Dec 2008 12:40 AM  
find a bow that fits  and most of all one u r comfortable with plenty of adjustment for growth for the kids find aplace to shoot and have fun learning, most things that you do eventually comes to you if u know what i mean. practice and the rest will fall into place .rick aka winded                   
winded
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
31 Dec 2008 07:14 PM  
I use the fred bear game over, shoots fast, light, quiet, smooth and most of all afordable, got mine for $470 but basspro has them for $430, and i prefer carbon arrows rather than aluminum because they are quieter and faster is you ask me.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
joey
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Dec 2008 09:49 PM  
Main thing is to find a bow that fits.  I personnally shoot a mathews with carbon arrows.  They seem to fly faster and straighter with less noise.  As far as the kids there are several good childrens' size compound bow.  I would find something that they can use to learn on. Don't drop big money on their first bow.  Big thing is to learn and have fun doing so. Good Luck
Snake
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Jan 2009 10:35 PM  
Learn to Love it first. Get a recurve bow the recurve fits everybody an it teaches u an others how to   shoot saftley at any distance.
winded
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Jan 2009 12:51 AM  
I just bought my first crossbow. It is just a basic bow.Any advice or ideas on practicing and improving my skills.Any advice or tips would be appreciated. rick AKA winded
winded
Snake
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Jan 2009 09:12 PM  

What i did in the beginen when i was learning to shoot a bow was to hang milk jugs off a cloths line with fishing line.  walk off 2 or 3 differant yard sites then practice.

dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Jan 2009 11:29 PM  
my dad has the mathews switchback and he says it is a good fast bow and you can adjust the poundage
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Jan 2009 11:29 PM  
but wait how old are your kids
goose
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jan 2009 12:53 AM  
my kids are seven and five
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Jan 2009 12:03 AM  
o are you looking for a bow or crossbow or does it matter
goose
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Jan 2009 12:45 AM  
Looking for a bow for myself and one for kids to shoot.
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Jan 2009 09:27 PM  
well a good bow for you well to me any way would be the mathews switchback and mathews made a new bow for kids to practice with it is set on 20 pounds and has different draw lengths
kotklegg
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Feb 2009 11:06 PM  
I bought my grandson a Mathews Genesis, and I can shoot it with him. It would be a good choice at a cheap price until you figure out if you're going to like archery. I hunt with a Mathews LX, and I really love the smooth speed of that bow.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!