Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Harvesting Does
Last Post 03 Jan 2010 04:09 AM by agarza5. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Tngunsmoke
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Dec 2008 03:01 AM  
Everyone says for good management of your deer heard, you need to take out some of the does, and yet, all everyone wants to talk about is how to harvest big bucks.  I took a nice doe opening day on the place I hunt and a nice buck(9 point) the next evening, but I have onnly seen young deer since opening weekend.  Anyone have any hints on methods of calling in some of the bigger does this late in the season?  I've got 10 days off coming up and would like to try to take another nice doe or two and let the youngsters grow up.
ghost
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Dec 2008 03:56 PM  
Rather then trying to call them in I would set up my stand in a place that they are likely to travel trough. Narrow spots in the timber, pinch points, natueral funnels. If you can figgure out where they are bedding and where they are feeding you can get on them pretty easy. Some preseason scouting and maybe a trail cam or two can really help too. Good luck
dave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Dec 2008 11:53 PM  
I have called in a lot of does with a can call.
Snake
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Jan 2009 09:41 PM  
                  I have taken a lot of does they evan taste the same as a huge beaitafull buck.  there is no shame in taken does
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Oct 2009 05:32 PM  
Does are better eating than bucks......................
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
hunt5months
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Oct 2009 08:32 PM  
When my freezer is empty it dont care if it is buck or doe and i dont either but when it gets full then im back to hunting heads the freezer comes first with 4 kids and a wife to feed lol.
Gehee
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Nov 2009 02:56 PM  
no, but i've had a number of does follow Trails End 307 in.
Arch_e_Tech
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Dec 2009 08:12 PM  
I have called does in before with my Woodwise "Ma-ma," call. It seems that does like to be with other does. If one has been seperated from the heard by an agressive buck, it will run to the call of another doe to try and rejoin the heard.
I had 4 does come to my call last weekend and I harvested the largest of the them. I think calling, if done right, sets them at ease.
Also, a good snort weez call is helpful to have. If a deer catches wind of you and blows at you, sometimes you can keep them in the area if you blow back at them.
Hope that helps.
andrew
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Jan 2010 04:09 AM  

RYE grass, clover, CORN CORN CORN...

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!