Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
field dressing deer on tv
Last Post 26 Dec 2008 11:22 PM by maineguide. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
deerkiller47
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Nov 2008 03:58 PM  
why on all the deer hunting shows on tv dont any of them field dress their deer / allthe deer are shown being loaded into trucks and atvs with the guts still in them.
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Nov 2008 07:20 PM  
it`s mainly b/c most of the tv shows are using outfitters and they don`t want to screw up the stands by having a gut pile near them . I know a few people who will drag their deer to their car before field dressing so not to contaminate the area , gut pile = predators = no deer until coast is clear.
jamesm1976
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Dec 2008 09:57 PM  
I've never field dressed a deer. I just throw it in the truck, drive the 3 minutes to the cleaning shed, and clean the deer.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
01 Dec 2008 11:37 PM  
same here, when i hunt mamangement area, you have to clean at check station, private propery we clean in a open field, marsh we clean by water so gators get the guts.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
02 Dec 2008 02:16 AM  
We don't field dress the deer on our place due to the coyotes,don't want to encourage those dang things.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Trey
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Dec 2008 02:46 AM  
I usually field dress a deer right where they drop. I have not seen where it makes alot of difference. First off the buzzards or coyotes will clean it up in a day and I've bucks smell fresh blood and not give it a second thought.
The Bulldog
Forum Moderator
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Dec 2008 09:50 AM  
I think it has more to do with not wanting to be offensive to people. Don't get me wrong I would not be offended by watching a hunter on TV field dress his harvest, but some people likely would. I know on some hunting shows they put a disclaimer at the start of the show that says something along the lines of warning this video contains impact shots. I really do believe that this is more as to why they don't field dress them on TV. Yah know it might be nice to watch a hunting show with your youngins (I don't actually have any) without the fear of them seeing something that might give them nightmares and possibly turn them off from hunting and such.
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Dec 2008 12:38 PM  
true enough Bulldog we don`t want to give the antis any ammo to get these shows taken off b/c it offends a few who don`t seem to realize that hunting isn`t a catch and release sport .
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
02 Dec 2008 08:52 PM  
yea thats true bull dog, i was watching one huntn show were they washed the blood offf the deer before they showed it, as for the antis why would they even be watching a hunting show?
SOUTHERN PRIDE
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Dec 2008 12:05 AM  
To gain some sort of evidence of cruelty but I have watched a PETA broadcast just to see how clueless and misinformed these idiots are and from what I saw they`ll have to watch alot .
The Bulldog
Forum Moderator
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Dec 2008 06:37 AM  
Some of the anti's are idiots, yet some of the hunting industry has foolishly given them ammunition. I watched a video of some ranch that there was a sick deer that these idiots stood up so a so called hunter could get some footage of him shooting this deer. Then there is some that have shot a deer without a broadhead so it would not kill the deer yet get the footage. Things like that will hurt the hunting industry as a whole.
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Dec 2008 12:00 PM  
I remember seeing those vids where the deer were high fenced , drugged and shot with blunt tips all for the sake of a good video , to me that`s not hunting at all if it`s not fair chase it`s just like going out to rancher`s field and shooting one of his cows only smaller . Oops we`re getting a little side tracked here.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
04 Dec 2008 01:41 AM  
hey bulldog, was that the bucks of tecamonte were jeff foxworthy shot the injured buck? i remember a post some1 put on here called real hunters and it had jimmy houston bow hunting a buck that had been drugged and followed a food line all the way to him and he shot it.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
The Bulldog
Forum Moderator
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Dec 2008 06:20 AM  
I know Jimmy Houston was on this video. I don't know all the details I was obviously not there, but if what that video said was true, it was sad at how those animals were treated.
dave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Dec 2008 11:22 PM  
Mostly they don't field dress a deer on tv is because of the tree huggers.
I have shot deer and field dressed them and have one of my sons go back out in the same place and shoot another deer. I don't think gut piles bother them. 
This is just my 2 cents.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!