Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Crossbow broadheads?
Last Post 20 Dec 2008 12:40 PM by mcraddock. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bowhuntinnut
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Nov 2008 06:44 PM  
I really enjoy mechanical broadheads, it's what I prefer to use.  The question I have is, I was told that I had to buy a certain type of broadhead for a crossbow bolt.  I use a 10-point 175 lb crossbow.  Do I need to use a certain brand, type of broadhead with this bow?
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
25 Nov 2008 09:31 PM  
I used NAP Shockwaves(I think) on my reg bow beforeI got hurt and switched to crossbow.I tried them on my Horton Summit 150 and they did not deploy right when they hit the target,so I switched to 125 grn muzzy 3 blade.Not sure but the two blade Rage may be one to look at.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
bowhuntinnut
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Nov 2008 04:44 PM  
Thanks so much for the advice.  I've actually been looking at those to try.  How did you like the muzzy 3 blade?
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Nov 2008 04:50 PM  
They fly very well for me,but my luck bow hunting is not good so couldn't say how well they do.However most of the guys around here swear by them.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
J.Dworek
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Dec 2008 02:19 AM  
I use the Cabela's Lazer Supreme in 125 grain in my crossbow an they perform quit well . You might want to try a couple of brands an see which one performs the best in your bow.I 'll stay with what I shoot because the proof is showing on my wall's.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
20 Dec 2008 12:40 PM  
Bottom line, it's all trial and error.

There are some broadheads that are designed specifically for crossbows, both mechanical and fixed. I've tried them with mixed results. I wound up settling with the exact same broadhead I shoot in my PSE Primos NRG hybrid. Right now that is the Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade fixed broadhead. They perform fairly well with zero planing on a 22" bolt from my Banett Revolution AVI. Beware of any broadhead that has the turned style blades. They caused severe planing on my system.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!