Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Rattling in bucks
Last Post 02 Nov 2008 02:57 PM by kansasbowman. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
southgabuckman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Oct 2008 02:25 PM  
i live in south ga and have never tried rattling for bucks. can anyone tell me if they have tried this and it actually works to bring in bucks.
benjamingiles
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Oct 2008 01:39 AM  
I rattled in 3 bucks on 10-26. We got some cold weather here in NY so the bucks are wound up a little early.
majthor
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Oct 2008 02:02 PM  
It works, but like many of the scents out there, it has to be used at the right time according to the rut conditions in your area... If you have never seen it done properly, I would recommend buying/renting an instructional video before you try it...
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
30 Oct 2008 04:34 PM  
I rattled in my first buck nov 2006, he came in with his head down, rubbed a pine tree, made a scrape on the ground then met the 170 gr winchester silver tip out of the old model 94 30-30 at 35 yrds.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
southgabuckman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Nov 2008 01:03 PM  
i want to say i tried rattling for a buck yesterday and i may not have shot the deer but i did have him answer my calls so i am very excited about that.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
01 Nov 2008 01:09 PM  
Rattling works well for those that have enough mature bucks on their property. We don't, so rattling only spooks them. In all of my years hunting, I have only heard/witnessed one real buck fight, in SC. We have way too many does and not enough older bucks for any of our deer to have to compete for breeding rights. It's all the bucks can do to keep up with the does in our area.
kerry larson
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 02:57 PM  

The article on the home page ( the art & science of rattling White-tail deer)  is a must to read. This is the best I have ever found about rattling and even the videos i have watched does not give this good of information.  Great Article Written by Russell Thornberry.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!