Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

ice fishin
Last Post 13 Dec 2007 12:38 AM by Walter. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
stubs
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Dec 2007 12:48 AM  
i wana get started in ice fishin what kinds of things can i make that i will need caue i dont want to spend too much this year maybe next though
thanx
go BSU!!!!!
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Dec 2007 01:27 AM  
I make my rods out of junk fishing rods. Just take the top half if it is a 2 piece rod or cut off a few feet of an old junk rod. Cut a 1" dow rod or broom handle or something like that to about an 8" length. Drill a hole just big enough to slide the rod into. Use wood glue or something besides superglue to glue it in there. The fish don't hardly fight at all so unless you are fishing really deep you don't need a reel. I ice fish farm ponds so I just put a mount an old fishing line spool on the side of the dow rod and just wrap the line. If you want a reel on there just flatten a little area on the rod and use hose clamps to mount it on. Either way you should be able to make it using what you already have. Good luck and have fun!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
secondchance
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Dec 2007 12:38 AM  
Posted By tomsinnott on 12/05/2007 7:27 PM
I make my rods out of junk fishing rods. Just take the top half if it is a 2 piece rod or cut off a few feet of an old junk rod. Cut a 1" dow rod or broom handle or something like that to about an 8" length. Drill a hole just big enough to slide the rod into. Use wood glue or something besides superglue to glue it in there. The fish don't hardly fight at all so unless you are fishing really deep you don't need a reel. I ice fish farm ponds so I just put a mount an old fishing line spool on the side of the dow rod and just wrap the line. If you want a reel on there just flatten a little area on the rod and use hose clamps to mount it on. Either way you should be able to make it using what you already have. Good luck and have fun!!!

Thats some good advice right there for saving some bucks.
John 316
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!