arrows
Last Post 07 Aug 2010 12:14 AM by Troutmaster. 3 Replies.
Author Messages
chris
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Jul 2010 11:43 PM  
some one help me with this. why is it that i can group arrows with feild tips, but as soon as i shoot a broad head it shoots low? feild tips and broad heads are the same grain.
milkacow
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Jul 2010 08:37 PM  
it is to my understanding this will occur when your bow is slightly out of tune, and the excess surface area of the blades increase the effect.

i discovered i had the same problem last year. quick fix for me was to switch from fixed blade muzzy's to expandables (2 blade rage) to correct that problem. probably why i missed as many deer as i did in years prior...
--Dustin
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
06 Aug 2010 08:38 PM  
TRY TO PAPER TUNE YOUR BOW.. SEE HOW ITS DOING THERE.... YOUR REST IS JUST A TOUCH LOW IS WHAT I WOULD BET....
MIKE EVERETT
Troutmaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Aug 2010 12:14 AM  
I had the same problem several years ago with my 3 blade muzzy broadheads so I asked an engineer friend of mine how that could be. He designs such things, sorry can't tell you who for, but he explained it this way. Your broadhead, in most cases, is longer then your field tip. This changes the center of balance of your arrow which in turn causes it to shoot lower. How much depends on how much longer it is. You can prove this theory out to yourself. I did. He appears to be right. I had a choice. I could change my pins for hunting and then change them back for target practice or find a broadhead that wasn't longer then my field points. I did the latter. I now shoot 100 grain Buckmaster Broadheads made by the American Broadhead Company. You can find them on line. I can attest to the fact that they shoot the same as my field tips every time and they do a number on deer and bear that you won't believe untill you see it. And, no, I don't work for them or anything like that. I've been bow hunting for 50 years and even I can learn something new. Good luck with this and in the upcoming deer season.

---
Active Forums 4.2