Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

NAP ThunderBall™ Magnetic Nocking System
Last Post 24 Jul 2007 12:21 AM by Timbertall. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Jul 2007 07:39 PM  
What do you think about this? Any one tried it yet? 

New Archery Products  introduced the New ThunderBall™ Magnetic Nocking System.  Unlike conventional nock systems, this new magnetic nocking system virtually eliminates the effects of string torque and uneven nock travel for increased accuracy, better flight and deeper penetration.  It is durable and installs in minutes.  The ThunderBall™ Magnetic Nocking System has an index tab for fast and easy vane orientation and it fits most popular carbon and aluminum arrow sizes.    

Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
M. Scott Peck
fla airboater
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Jul 2007 05:36 PM  
I wonder if the piece of metal in the knock will upset the foc or add excess weight to the arrow?
keep on strokin
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Jul 2007 07:00 PM  
wow thats the first time i've seen that
If Its Brown It's Down!
eversboys
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Jul 2007 08:26 PM  
Saw the display over at BassPro. Tempting!
move once, ive gotcha
move twice, youre dead
Mississippi
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Jul 2007 09:26 AM  
As far as accuracy is concerned, it doesnt matter what torques on your bow as long as it does it exactly the same evey time. Which brings me to my question, string twist. Anybody whose ever shot a peep sight, that doesnt use the tubing, knows that your string will sometimes twist. Thats why the tubing is there, to keep your peep in line. So what will keep the magnet lining up in exactly the same place every time, without pulling apart when you draw? If your string twist, even a little, then your arrow is off line. An ordinary nock allows the string to twist inside of it, without effecting the arrow. Also, if the magnet is that strong, will it not effect your arrow when they pull apart? Touch two magnets together and you will see that they dont easily pull straight apart, they generally slide somewhat. Seems to me that would have an effect on your arrow flight. Its a good idea, but i think i will stay with whats working.
"Only perfect practice makes perfect, anything else just gets you good at being bad."
Mississippi
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Jul 2007 09:27 AM  
As far as accuracy is concerned, it doesnt matter what torques on your bow as long as it does it exactly the same evey time. Which brings me to my question, string twist. Anybody whose ever shot a peep sight, that doesnt use the tubing, knows that your string will sometimes twist. Thats why the tubing is there, to keep your peep in line. So what will keep the magnet lining up in exactly the same place every time, without pulling apart when you draw? If your string twist, even a little, then your arrow is off line. An ordinary nock allows the string to twist inside of it, without effecting the arrow. Also, if the magnet is that strong, will it not effect your arrow when they pull apart? Touch two magnets together and you will see that they dont easily pull straight apart, they generally slide somewhat. Seems to me that would have an effect on your arrow flight. Its a good idea, but i think i will stay with whats working.
"Only perfect practice makes perfect, anything else just gets you good at being bad."
Timbertall
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Jul 2007 12:21 AM  
I'm going to have to wait and see on these myself. I understand Miss' point and it makes sense.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!