Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
help me need advice
Last Post 06 Nov 2008 09:27 PM by RCraig. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Buckhunterandslayer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Aug 2007 03:21 AM  
I need help i am wonting to buy my first bow for my birthday and umm the one i am wanting ro get is the fred bear instinct but don't if i should get the one all of the accesiories or get the bow naked and buy all th acessories for it but don't know what to get plz give advice thanks but try to tell me stuff thats cheap but good
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Aug 2007 03:57 AM  
I tinkered around until I found a sight and arrow rest I liked(Keller Pendlum and whisker biscuit),that would be my advice......find what you like and go with that.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
RJF
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Aug 2007 04:37 AM  
Watch around on ebay and you will find some sweet deals on bows atleast it was that way when season was over and I bought mine. Also check pro shops theres deals out there just take a little time and not jump at something. I bought my hoyt naked. Then added a camo whisker biscuit and a camo tru glo sight. Good luck to you
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Aug 2007 12:32 PM  
Almost every bowhunter on here will tell you that they have ditched the attachments that came with their bow, no 2 people like the same setup, so find out what works best for the majority and start there. Look around at ebay and you can get some great deals on rests, sights etc. Just my opinion but a whisker biscuit and mid-range cost ($40-$50) fiber-optic pin sight would be a good start.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Aug 2007 02:32 PM  

Since you said it is your first bow, I would say get the complete set up. after you get use to it and then if you want up-grade. Who know's you might like how the bow as is, and keep it that way for years.

I am coming up on my 3rd season for my first bow and I like everything that came with my bow so far. I mean I am thinking about getting a whisker biscuit. But I want to try it first before I buy it, just in case I don't like it.

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Aug 2007 08:41 PM  
ive been looking at the fred bear to, i like the element and the truth, go with the package
SOUTHERN PRIDE
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Aug 2007 08:43 PM  
and r rayjr you wont go wrong with the wiskerbisquet been shootn mine for bout 4yrs and love it
SOUTHERN PRIDE
buck
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Aug 2007 09:29 PM  
Yea i would look into the fred bears they are nice bows at a good price and for a first bow id go with the kit then your ready to go w/o the stress and confushion of the 1000 's of accesories to put on
matt_man215
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Aug 2007 04:57 PM  
i bought a parker with everything and never changed anything for the last 3 years it was my first bow as well i would recomend getting the set with eveything at first than later on tinker around but thats my opinion
Dennis Engeman
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Aug 2007 12:49 AM  
check and see cabelas (I THINK )offered bear with a biscuit---2007 edition
RCraig
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Nov 2008 09:27 PM  
When i was in BassPro Shop today, all the Parker setups came with the whisper biscuit, while their online catalog shows the Hostage® capture-style arrow rest. Cabela's has the same online but on sale for $50 less and free shipping. For me Cabela's also means no tax since they are not in my state. $50 + no tax + free shipping adds up to ordering from Cabela's.
A Christmas card for You!: http://www.bigbucksunlimited.com/Card1.htm
Big Bucks Unlimited: Learning to be responsible stewards of renewable resources.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!