Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
How to???
Last Post 14 Aug 2007 02:03 AM by va_switchback_man. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Aug 2007 07:31 AM  

After I got my bow in 2005 I took it to a Pro shop to have them set it up for me and help me with getting some arrows. I would swear that he told me that my arrow draw was 31" when he measured me to see what size arrow I would need. But just now when I measured the arrow with the broad-head off, it only measured about 30 5/16" form the end with the insert to the end of the nock. Or just the shaft not counting the insert & the Nock it was 29 3/8" So am I measuring this wrong or what is the deal? I mean when I bought the arrows the guy put in field tips because I told him since I had not shot a bow since I was in the 5th or 6th grade, so I needed to practice. And I also did not know what kind of broad-heads I wanted yet. So he put in field tips. And if I measure with the field tips in the full length of the arrow is then 31 1/16"

I am just wondering because I am thinking about getting some new arrows. And I just want to be able to go in and say I need 31" arrows or what ever... But I measured the ones I have now because I could not remember for sure if he said 31 or 30 something???

Anyway, thanks for any help with this.

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Aug 2007 06:00 PM  
The standard AMO method of measuring an arrow is to find the distance between the groove of the nock (where the string rests in the nock) to the end of the arrow, not including the insert or tip.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 06:38 AM  
OK!!! So if I am understanding you correctly then my arrow is 29 15/16"That is going from basically the middle of the nock to the end of the arrow shaft not counting the insert.

So what was it that he was saying then that was I thought he said 31" then? I mean I know that the measurement for mine is pretty darn close to being 30 inches, but 31 and 30 inches is still a lot of room. I mean I might be just looking at a Carpenter's perspective, but doesn't something like an inch make a difference even in hunting?
Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 12:22 PM  
use this chart as a guide for draw length
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/BuckTracker/Wingspanchart.jpg[/img]
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 02:05 PM  

You need to use the reply to this post thread and them click on the INSERT?EDIT IMAGE button and paste the ULR address into the line that ask for it to post pictures. It is right under the BOLD button.

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 02:16 PM  

OK!!! I still don't know what is going on with this. If I understand the chart right the wingspan is how tall I am. Because under normal conditions your arm length, finger tip to finger tip is suppose to be the same as your height. And mine should be 71 inches. And going by the chart, it 28 or 28.4 which is still less than what my arrow it and less than what I was told by the bow pro-shop guy that set up my bow and made the arrows for me 2 years ago. I swear he told me 31 inches. I only see one 31 on this chart. And if I am understanding it right as I said above, and if so I am not 6'5" tall, and I know my arm length is not that long either

I guess when or if I get new arrows I will have to take in the ones I have now with me to the store, so that I can get the right measurment.
Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
BOWHUNTER missouri
8 Point
8 Point

--
14 Aug 2007 01:20 AM  
my draw length is 29'' and my arrows are 271/2'' long and it shoots fine for it shoots straight and flat.
GIT-R-DONE
hoody06
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Aug 2007 01:49 AM  
your arrows might be 30" and your draw length could be 31".
your rest might sit back just a little bit.
thwack is the only sound i want to hear from sept to feb!!!
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 Aug 2007 02:03 AM  
your arrows might be 30" and your draw length could be 31".
your rest might sit back just a little bit.

That is exactly what I was going to say, when I bought my new bow he had me draw it back with a full length arrow then he marked it just past the rest. So my draw length and arrow length arn't the same either.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!