Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

whisker buscuits ?????????????
Last Post 15 Aug 2007 03:20 AM by mcraddock. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mississippihunter13
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Aug 2007 01:02 PM  
Does anybody use a whisker buscuit ????? If so do yall have trouble using it ??????
You can't teach a hunter it's wrong to kill.
eversboys
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Aug 2007 02:07 PM  
I use a WB and love it. Never had any problems with it.
move once, ive gotcha
move twice, youre dead
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Aug 2007 02:39 PM  
I have one also and love it.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Aug 2007 04:58 PM  
Posted By eversboys on 08/06/2007 8:07 AM
I use a WB and love it. Never had any problems with it. 

Same here!

Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
M. Scott Peck
milkacow
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Aug 2007 05:24 PM  
i just bought one and am pretty darn happy with it.

many people will say it causes problems with 3" vanes and to shoot blazers with them. I was doing just fine with my 3"ers with knock fletch facing up, until my arrows started going through targets and ripping them off, so i am not sure.
--Dustin
wrenchman30
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Aug 2007 10:28 PM  
wife and i both use it. we like it for the secure arrow holding.
Whitetail101
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Aug 2007 01:22 AM  
I have been using the whisker biscuit ever since it came out on the market.

I have never had a problem with it.  I shoot 4 inch vanes and have yet to need to replace them other than when I slice the off with another broadhead.

good luck
Todd Segner
5 year Buckmasters Member,Life Member NAHC/NAFC
Member NAFA,VP-Archery ICB&GC
PSE,Mossy Oak, TruBall Releases, Browning, S & M Archery, HIP Targets, Budget Outdoors, Rage Broadheads, On Target2
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Aug 2007 10:37 PM  
i love my biscuit...just put an extra dab of glue on the front of your vanes that way they dont rip off
If Its Brown It's Down!
Dakota Danny
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 06:13 AM  
I've never used one. I would avoid using quikspins through the WB. The quickspins have a lot of memory, so they may deform after repetitive shooting. I don't think it's a bad rest at all, it's vastly popular for a reason.

I'd agree that most who use this rest would recommend firmer vanes like blazers. However, you should experiment with what you want to do. There are certain combinations that will NOT work with a WB. There are new vanes called Fletching Only Better (FOB). These are only held in place by the nock. When they pass through a deer, they pop off. Not a good idea when shooting the WB, because you'll lose the vane immediately.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
08 Aug 2007 05:23 PM  
me and my dad use them and they are truley the best arrow rest I have ever used
SOUTHERN PRIDE
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
08 Aug 2007 05:25 PM  
and like dakota danny said dont use quick spins in them the guy at a archery place i got to said the wb likes the feathers vanes the best but i use plastic
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Q2hunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Aug 2007 08:30 PM  
Myself, my wife, and two of my hunting buddies all use WB with Quickspins. We tried the 4in quickspins with terrible results, then I fletched one arrow with 3.125 inch quickspins, probably put 100 or so shots on that arrow with no problems. All four of us havent looked back in 2 years with that combo. Havent tried them, havent had a need to, but I have heard that the blazers also work excellent with the WB.
You can run, but your gonna leave a blood trail!
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
10 Aug 2007 06:11 PM  
yea thats just what I heard from a archery guy that does a bunch of big competitions with his son and they usually always win, i was gunna get quickspins on my arrows and he asked if i would be shootn them threw my wb, he said its not good for wb or arrows and they lose speen so i stay with the 4 inch plastic vanes
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Vahntr
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Aug 2007 09:22 PM  
I love the WB, I also used to shoot quick spins with no problems, but the pro at the shop told me I was defeating the purpose of the QS by shooting with a wb.  Don't know how true this is but i now shoot regular plastic.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Aug 2007 03:20 AM  
I have never had any trouble with my WB, but they do wear out over time. I use the drop tine model and have to replace it about every two years when it gets really frayed.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!