Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

peep sight?
Last Post 17 Nov 2011 12:08 AM by bowhunterd68. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
silenthunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Jul 2011 06:13 PM  
Just ordered the perfect circle peep sight for my bow to go with my Predator iv pendulum sight.My question is,is there a big difference between a peep attached to tubing and one attached to the string?Also,if there is,could the tubing just be cut off and attach directly to the string?Any help would be appreciated.
RobertM
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Jul 2011 09:00 PM  
Yes you could remove the tubing, however your peep probably won't line up. See, the tubing pulls the peep to the same position as you come to full draw. However, the tubing adds weight to your string which in turn slows your arrow speed. Also, the tubing is prone to breaking at the worst possible time.

It's not difficult to get the peep to rotate to the correct position without using a tube. You would need access to a bow press. A local Archery shop could help you out if you don't have access to a bow press.

Rob
silenthunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Jul 2011 12:38 AM  
Thanks Robert,from others I have also talked with,most think going tubeless is better.I also read somewhere of another person using the same peep and just cut the tubing off.Thanks for your help.
RobertM
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Jul 2011 01:37 PM  
Glad I could help.
bowhunterd68
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Nov 2011 12:08 AM  
Hi everyone! Yes, I would go tubless, even just for the reason if your out hunting and the tube would be dry rotted and keep breaking , it may not be aligned without the tube. But with a tubless peep, you don't need to worry.
Good luck,

Dan.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!