Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
new to bowhunting in Indiana, need help
Last Post 04 Oct 2009 12:45 AM by Troutmaster. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
wiskerbiskit
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Oct 2009 04:45 PM  
Just got back from first day of bow season here. Used my old stand, haven`t been in since `07. Unfortunately, my area has changed. The farm has done away with the fence row that joins my area, and it has messed up the movement of deer, didn`t hear or see one this morning, very unusual for this area. I don`t want to move the stand, but I may have to anyway. I`m new to bowhunting, always been a shotgun guy, but with more time on my hands I want to take advantage. Found out I didn`t have enough hands/hooks, etc. for my gear while in the stand! Can someone offer some advice?
Troutmaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Oct 2009 12:45 AM  
If the deer were there before chances are they haven't gone far. Trade a day of dedicated hunting for a day of stalk and hunt combined with scouting and find out what their new patterns are. If you have to move the stand it's a small price to pay for a successful hunt. As far as enough hands/hooks for your gear you should be able to get everything you need in a fanny pack or backpack which usually stores pretty easy in a stand. Good luck with bow hunting. It's a great sport.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!