Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Arrow Rest ?
Last Post 13 Oct 2009 02:35 AM by tomsinnott. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
heightman55
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Sep 2009 12:36 PM  
I am picking up my new bow this week-end a Bear Showdown wish I could afford a better bow but we all know how tight money is these days. But I am sure it will be a big improvement over my  current bow a 20 year old Bear Whitetail 2. But I would like some input on just what kind of arrow rest I should use on this bow drop away or wisker bisquet? My old bow has just a simple rubber hook arrow rest that came on the bow. I will be pulling 50-55 lbs with the new bow to start as I currently am pulling 52 lbs with my Whitetail 2. Any input on this question would be greatly appreciated.
Troutmaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Oct 2009 01:00 AM  
It's a matter of preference when it comes to rest. I'm a hunter and over 49 years of bow hunting have tried many different rest. A couple of years back I switched to the whisker bisquet and am absolutely satified with it. I've heard some complain that in cold weather they freeze and don't function as they should but that has never happened to me and it gets below zero here in upstate New York during hunting season. It was a cold, wet snow day last year during the bow/muzzleloader season last year when I filled my doe tag. The only thing not functioning properly that day were my hands and feet. They wanted to go home, but the whisker bisquet did just fine.
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
09 Oct 2009 05:29 PM  
I LOV MY WISKERBISQUET
MIKE EVERETT
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Oct 2009 02:33 AM  
I love them both. I think the WB is the best all around hunting rest you can buy hands down, but the drop aways like the trophey ridge dropzone will make you a little more accurate. The only thing touching the arrow is the string during launch so it corrects a lot botched shots and flinches. I love them both but unless you target shoot a lot, a perfectionist in shooting or aren't satisfied unless you can hit a golf ball at 35yds+ the WB is probably the way to go.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Oct 2009 02:35 AM  
I went with the dropzone and it made me a better shot but it's kind of a pain sitting in the stand trying to keep an arrow knocked even with that little rubber clip. You might look into the drop aways that trap the arrow inside the rest...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!