Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

arrow length
Last Post 13 Oct 2009 02:40 AM by tomsinnott. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
silenthunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Sep 2009 10:12 PM  
what is the proper arrow length?is it at the end of the riser?Is it 1" past my whisker buscuit?I`ve heard and read many things,just thought I`d get some other opinions.
kitterick
6 Point
6 Point

--
23 Sep 2009 02:07 AM  
some lengths will make a difference in flight.  I swore that even an inch differnce would not make much of a difference...I was wrong.  I have a 29 inch draw.  but because I have a drop away I can shoot just a little shorter arrow.

with my set up I am able to get the best flight (through paper tuning) with a 28 inch arrow.  I have shot 29-30 and for some reason they just dont stay consistent. 

hope that helps
DRENALIN
SIDEWINDER LX
AXIS ST
G5 STRIKER
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Oct 2009 02:40 AM  
a shorter arrow is stronger, think about how it gets harder to break a pencil in half as the pieces get smaller. I would try to go about 3/4" to 1" past your WB but no more than that. But definitely make sure you have the right arrows for your bow/arrow speed/draw wt/draw length first before anything else matters. Don't just go by the 55-75 on the side of the box. Look at a chart and match up your set-up a little more precisely... Good luck!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!