Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
new to bow hunting, help
Last Post 15 Oct 2009 08:35 PM by Marine1. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tbart2291
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2009 01:48 AM  
i am just getting into bow hunting  the question i have is how high up to put my tree stand.
i have always done the spot and stalk method with a rifle. can anyone help me with this
Kantuck Raised
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2009 04:21 PM  
This is a matter of opinion but everyone I know gets up between 20 and 30 feet. If I am at the top of a ridge I go 20 feet but if I am down the hill just a little bit I will go 30.
grimreaper
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Aug 2009 03:34 PM  
It all depends on the available cover. If you can get settled in to a tree at 15ft and have nice branches around you that break up your silhouette than that is all the higher you need to go. If the tree is bare then you need to go higher. Just remember that as you go higher your shot angle also changes. Basically let the tree and the cover provided dictate the height that you go.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato
Marine1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Oct 2009 08:35 PM  
ive been stationed away for 4 years and come home and found im not as good a hunter as before i left its october here in missouri and i cant even get on a doe to shoot with my bow does anyone have some tips for me?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!