Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
broadhead hisssssssss
Last Post 14 Aug 2009 04:18 AM by dudebow. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
kitterick
6 Point
6 Point

--
23 Jul 2009 01:04 PM  
any one actually HEARD any difference between broadheads and expandables...after a lot of shooting with fieldpts, when take those first few bhead shots...man they are loud.

wondering whether expandables like the meatseeker or rage a quiter thru the air...you know for a 40 yard shot i think this adds the the ducking response of any whitetail.

I shoot strikers now, never not killed a deer with them but I have never taken a shot at a deer over 20 yards.  it just seems like mine hisssss a lot after the shot.

help me out here
DRENALIN
SIDEWINDER LX
AXIS ST
G5 STRIKER
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
25 Jul 2009 04:31 PM  
Yeah, there is a distinct "hiss" on my Muzzys 125grn 3 blade broadheads. But I'm sticking with them anyway. I've had some pretty bad luck with expandables. Muzzys have done me much better.

I'm not sure if the difference in 'flight noise' between expandables and fixed blades is enough to make a deer duck an arrow at 40 yards.

I do think string 'slap' and limb vibration is still your biggest noise factor and the root of most 'ducking' .

One thing is for sure. I would definately advise against using the Crimson Talon broadheads. There is alot of problems associated with their design.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Jul 2009 11:50 PM  
Stick with Muzzy....l
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Kantuck Raised
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jul 2009 01:36 PM  
I use Muzzy 75grn with Terminator 6075 carbon arrows. That hiss you are talking about is not an issue with my setup at 40 yards.
Goldy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2009 02:59 AM  
Rage are junk!  Try magnus buzzcut. The best broadhead on the market with a life time warranty. anything happens to them and the send you new ones. I love magnus they work great. and uncle ted will back me on that.  I had a rage bend right over on me.  stay away from the rage!
Goldy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2009 02:59 AM  
Rage are junk!  Try magnus buzzcut. The best broadhead on the market with a life time warranty. anything happens to them and the send you new ones. I love magnus they work great. and uncle ted will back me on that.  I had a rage bend right over on me.  stay away from the rage!
DudeBow
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Aug 2009 04:18 AM  
If you use a dropaway rest it is probably not timed correctly, it could be falling to soon causeing the arrow to fight trying to stabilize you wouldn't notice this with feild tips but you would with blades. I use Grim Reapers and watch them drop
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!