Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

First Bow???
Last Post 27 Jul 2009 01:38 PM by Kantuck_Raised. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bfuqua99
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Jul 2009 04:11 AM  
I am wanting to start bow hunting, but I do not want to spend a lot of money. I would prefer to make sure I enjoy bow hunting before I invest in a high quality bow. What would you suggest as a good entry bow? Would you buy one of the package deals? What are the must haves for deer hunting?

Are the entry level bows from PSE, Fred Bear, BowTech, or Diamond worth purchasing?

Thanks for the advice.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Jul 2009 04:47 PM  
Since you are not sure yet if bow hunting is your thing or not, I would suggest that you shop for a good used bow in your area or on ebay before you go buy a new bow that will easily break the $300 mark.

I purchased a used Bear Whitetail II bow as my first for $50 at a pawn shop and killed several deer with it before commiting to a PSE Primos NRG Hybrid cam that cost me over $400.

If you must buy a new one and you want to keep it under $500, look at the PSE combos, like the Nova. It is a good entry level bow and the package deal will save you money. Buying a bare-bones bow and then adding your own setup can get really expensive, especially if you are like me and like to have the archery shop tune your bow after changing setups.

Parker is another fairly affordable bow that I like, although I do not own one.

Must have for me is two words, Whisker Biscuit.
Mississippihunter13
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Jul 2009 07:08 PM  
go to the pawn shop and find a good used one
You can't teach a hunter it's wrong to kill.
Kantuck Raised
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jul 2009 01:38 PM  
Posted By Mississippihunter13 on 07/18/2009 1:08 PM
go to the pawn shop and find a good used one

I agree 100%.  Bow hunting can be expensive when you buy a brand new boy.  If you cannot find one at a pawn shop check out craigslist or ebay.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!