Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

to blaze or not to blaze
Last Post 16 Sep 2009 03:10 PM by parkerbowhunter. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
chance
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Apr 2009 05:26 PM  
I am looking to buy me some new cx terminator hunter arrows and cant decide between the standard 4 inch vanes or the 2inch blazer vanes,I have always used the 4inch and would like to get your opinion whether one is better than the other any help would be appreciated thanks.
Bucked Up
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Apr 2009 01:23 PM  
I Have always shot the 4 inch but my Friends all shoot the four inch blazers. I do know they shoot faster. I dont know if its just us shooting but It seems to me like I get better accuracy than they do with the blazers. but then again that may just be my shooting over theirs. hope it helps.
1parker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Apr 2009 03:43 PM  
shooting the smaller blazers i have found to get tigher groupings, they will speed your arrow up but not a lot. can you buy your arrows bare? and glue your own flet. on thats what i recommend
chance
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Apr 2009 01:30 PM  
thanks for the advice,i dont have the equipment to set up my own arrows but ihave always used the 4in and was justcurious as to whether the 2in blazers would make that much difference every little edge helps.
mark14
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Apr 2009 07:41 PM  
i think the 2inch would be better.
kitterick
6 Point
6 Point

--
23 Jul 2009 01:15 PM  
2" blaze....
DRENALIN
SIDEWINDER LX
AXIS ST
G5 STRIKER
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Aug 2009 05:30 PM  
I JUST PUT ON THE 2" BLAZE /QUICK FLETCH AND I FEEL THEY ARE FASTER AND I AM SHOOTING BETTER GROUPS
MIKE EVERETT
DudeBow
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Aug 2009 04:13 AM  
I use a fletching called a FOB they are very cool and easy to install and work great you can find out more about them at www.starrflight.com I have used them for a year and killed 5 deer and 2 turkey and a 300 lb bear. very accurate
silenthunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Sep 2009 01:30 AM  
can the 2" vanes be shot through a whisker buscuit?Whats the difference between the 2" and lets say 4".Thanks
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
15 Sep 2009 07:01 PM  
2" HAHA ........ YES THEY CAN BE SHOT THROUGH A W.B. I AM.....AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS YET......
MIKE EVERETT
kylongbeards
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Sep 2009 02:53 AM  
I shot them last year and had great success(2" blazer),this year I switched to the Fusion 2 " fletch I love 'em !!
It's lonely at the top...but the eatin's better !!!
bowman phil
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Sep 2009 03:06 PM  
I to was in your predicument two years ago, this is what i did and it worked out well for me.  I bought a dozen easton axis S.T. arrows with four inch vanes, shot all summer long with six arrows that i dedicated to practice only. after several thousand shots the four inch vanes were pretty ragged and well in need of a re-fletching. At this time i went to our local outfitters and picked out the color scheme of Blazer two inch vanes and had my practice arrows fletched with them, knowing that my new bow was sighted in rather well from all summer long shooting in the back yard with the four inch vanes i still have six arrows with the four inch vanes if the blazers didnt shoot good for me n my bow.  Supprisingly the new blazers shot a tighter group for me out to about 35 yds. After 35 yds. i think the length of the four inch vanes better stabiliaze the arrow, but i now have all my arrows fletched with the 2 inch blazer vanes and love them, I shoot a 1 inch group out to 35 yards and about a 3 inch group at 45 yards and beyond!  Try fletching a few arrows with the blazers and see what you think,  i think you will be happy!  Good luck n happy hunting!   bowmanphil
bowman phil
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Sep 2009 03:08 PM  
TRY fletching 3 and compare results with four inch against 2 inch blazerz
bowman phil
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Sep 2009 03:10 PM  
yes, they are very tough and accurate, my daughter shoots blazerz through a whisker biscuit, BLAZE AWAY
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!