Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

lookin' for a new bow
Last Post 23 Nov 2009 07:14 PM by jeremyjms06. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
arbnokie1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Feb 2009 04:28 PM  
I'm currently shooting a Diamond Liberty.  I love the bow, but with the advances in technology by bowtech, I've been thinking of up-grading.  What are some other bows that you have found to be as reliable and as forgiving as my liberty on the market today?  Most of the pro's that I've asked have mentioned the Mathews DXT.  I've also heard that bowtech's new line is second to none.  Please help me in the right direction in spending my tax returns!
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
16 Feb 2009 05:36 PM  
I bought the new fred bear game over last sept, its a nice bow, shoots fast, quiet, no shock or vibration, its maxed at 70 lbs and it can shoot a tight group with 5 arrows
SOUTHERN PRIDE
kotklegg
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Feb 2009 11:11 PM  
You could check out the new Mathews Reezen at 340 FPS, or the Mathews Monster XLR8 at 360 FPS. I've shot them both and they're smooth as silk and very very fast.
arbnokie1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Feb 2009 10:15 PM  
I've looked into the new mathews bows, but I understand that there is no let off when at full draw. I.E. if I let up at all, the bow will release.  Is this a misunderstanding or is there some truth to this report?
paulie
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Mar 2009 03:59 PM  
Posted By arbnokie1 on 02/21/2009 4:15 PM
I've looked into the new mathews bows, but I understand that there is no let off when at full draw. I.E. if I let up at all, the bow will release.  Is this a misunderstanding or is there some truth to this report?

I'm not sure where you heard that but, the only way its going to go off is if you let go of the string! I shoot a DXT, I can come to full draw and let it down all day long. The only way its going to fire, is if I fire it! Hope this clears up any "misunderstanding"
paulie
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Mar 2009 04:08 PM  
Hey Arbnokie, you should go to a proshop and, shoot some different bows. From there, "you" can decide what fits you best! Good luck with the upgrade!
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
23 Mar 2009 04:39 AM  
Just buy what shoots best and DON'T buy in to all the hype out there. I have shot the thin and super light bows and to me it's like shooting a lightweight shakey .22 compared to how steady you can hold a heavy bull barrel rifle, and what difference does it make that the bow is super thin??? Or if it can shoot 350fps if it isn't forgiving at all, everyone could use as much help as you can get especially when you are shooting a monster instead of a bag in your yard!!! :) I shoot a few years old Bowtech Tomkat. It's the cheapest I think that Bowtech makes but the brace height is very long making it forgiving and inexpensive and it still goes around 310fps with a 34" axle to axle. Not that you need to buy one of these because you may hate it. But you will find that half the technology that is out there today isn't technology at all but instead just marketing. You just have to take what is useful and throw out the rest. Also some of the Mathews bows that have skeletonized risors make it to where you are limited on what sights and rests you can use since where the set screw is supposed to go there is a hole there, unless you buy select pricey Mathews friendly rests.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
bowman phil
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Sep 2009 03:21 PM  
i recently bought a parker raptor xp, maxed at 73 lbs. i can quietly shoot a 1 inch vibration free group at 30 yards, inexpensive, fast , forgiving, shock-free, PARKER1
SoutherIowaBowHunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Oct 2009 12:38 AM  
I just bought a High Country Max Extreme. I love it. I put it against my Matthews and didn't see much difference. I would agree, go to a pro shop and shoot all different brands and see what fits best. Good Luck.
jeremyjms06
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Nov 2009 07:14 PM  
I have a Matthews Switchback that I have used for the past several years, I love the bow and will always have it but I decided that this year I wanted to try something different so I ended up buying the Fred Bear Lights Out and I have to say that my Matthews hasn't left the closet since buying the Lights Out. The Lights Out is the smoothest, quietest bow I've ever shot and not to mention it has no vibration at all.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!