Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

sharpening broadhead blades
Last Post 26 Aug 2009 04:40 PM by KraQr. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
07 Jan 2009 10:28 PM  
Ive been looking for a broadhead sharpener but most of the ones I found have bad reviews, how does everyone sharpen their blades? stone steel ?
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Whtbear
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Jan 2009 08:37 PM  
For my Montecs I use a carbon steel sharpener. I tried the dimond ones, but wasn't happy with the resualts. I've also found that a small fine file works real well too. 
See ya in the woods,
whtbear
Conner Spohn
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Jan 2009 11:35 PM  
A Diamond stone. A little oil and alot of patience.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
23 Jan 2009 07:40 PM  
lol, i might just buy the replacement blades and use the old for target practice
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Feb 2009 03:48 AM  
I use an extremely hard whetstone with a little oil. It takes a little while and they get dull faster after you do it but it beats paying for new blades!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
Lyman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Apr 2009 06:35 PM  
I use the lansky sharpner works well for me.
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Apr 2009 01:34 PM  
I only buy replacements , they're cheaper than most of the head sharpeners on the market and alot easier to do in my opinion. I've tried to sharpen blades before only to have duller less penetrating blades that makes tracking your game alot harder. Remember you can never get the blades as sharp as when they are new so if you're an ethical hunter you'll replace instead of resharpen your blades. Just my opinion
mark14
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Apr 2009 07:46 PM  
i just keep on getting new one because im afriad it wont go all the way through if u dont sharpen them right
mark14
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Apr 2009 07:46 PM  
i just keep on getting new one because im afriad it wont go all the way through if u dont sharpen them right
Kantuck Raised
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jul 2009 01:47 PM  
Personally, I keep a set of broadheads for practice and a set for hunting only. If your broadheads going into your target are not as sharp as you like, you really don't need to worry about them but don't hunt with them.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
31 Jul 2009 11:01 PM  
Posted By Kantuck_Raised on 07/27/2009 7:47 AM
Personally, I keep a set of broadheads for practice and a set for hunting only. If your broadheads going into your target are not as sharp as you like, you really don't need to worry about them but don't hunt with them.

This is the exact same method I use. And the same goes for Lumenoks. They go onto my practice arrows after the batteries die.
Troutmaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Aug 2009 03:51 AM  
Unless you're GOOD at it don't sharpen, use replacable blade broadheads. Broadhead sharpness is key to making a clean, quick kill.
david
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Aug 2009 04:40 PM  
I use the Lansky broadhead sharpener and it works wonders for $8

http://www.lanskysharpeners.com/LTCBH.php
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!