Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Spitfire Mechanicals!
Last Post 19 Dec 2008 02:04 PM by HawgNSons.Com. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
super slam
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Dec 2008 03:15 PM  

I usually shoot thunderhead 125's but the spitfires had just come out and the reviews for mechanicals were that they were incredible so I tried them. Biggest mistake of my life. With the thunderheads I took the two biggest bucks of my life they ran no more than 30 yards each and dropped. With the spitfires I had a monster buck  nearly right under my stand, I placed the shot right between the shoulder blade and burried the arrow to the knock. I watched that deer run further and further. I waited and hour, got some buddies and tried to find him after 4HRS!!!! He could not be found. I was very upset. Then the next year I used them again. I shot another large buck this time quartering towards me at 25 yards. The shot was right on the money  I saw lots of blood and felt very confident. I watched the buck at about 50 yards away walking in circles thinking he was about to drop. But NO He was actually pulling the arrow out of him self.  Needless to say the blood trail got smaller and smaller until 2 hours later I could not find him I even went back the next day looking for the crows. 
       Now my thoery is the blades make plenty of damage going in but once in the chest cavity the blades are not locked so as the deer are run the blades arn't doing any cutting.  When a fixed blade is in a deer while its running they are doing so much more damage to themselves its incredible.And a fixed blade would NEVER had been pulled out. After that I was disgusted and went back to my fixed blade thunderheads.

Has anyone else had any horror stories with fixed blades?

super slam
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Dec 2008 04:06 PM  
I mean any problems with Mechanicals...
joey
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Dec 2008 04:08 PM  
I hunt with mechanicals.  I had a guy at the bow shop talk me into using the Rage mechanicals.  They SUCK!  I shot a small doe broadside and had almost a complete pass through.  Found the arrow, tons of blood on it not a drop anywhere else.  I am convinced the blades didn't open.  No blood, no deer, no meat.  I have gone back to the vortex mechanicals.  I have never had a deer go more then 30 yards when I shot it with one of the vortex broadheads.  They cut  2.5' hole.  Lots of blood!
busted
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Dec 2008 05:59 PM  
I don't use mech's but it really doesn't matter what you use if you are taking low % shots. staight down, between the shoulders, if you don't hit the spine, you hit nothing. 1/4'ing towards, you might nick the back of a lung but then your into the paunch.Just an opinion
HawgNSons.Com
6 Point
6 Point

--
19 Dec 2008 02:04 PM  

I use the Spitfire...and have for my last 2 Bucks...plus 2 Coyotes and several racoons...Like "Busted" says...It's easy to blame the equipment...It's all about PLACEMENT...it's a broadhead...NOT a magic wand! I just had a conversation with someone last night about this...He said he shot a doe behind the shoulder and said he got 6 inches of penetration and the arrow came out...Than he ask me "how do them thing open?...because I don't think it opened"....I ask why he would say that....and his reply was..."Well, it was closed still when I found it."....HELLO...HELLO???...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?..Now...I don't expect everybody to be a genius...BUT HOW ABOUT USING YOUR BRAINS...SURELY YOU CAN'T BE THAT IGNORANT!....I just can't imagine how someone could NOT figure out how the spitfire works...look at it...play with it...open it...BE CAREFULL you slow learners...IT'S SHARP!...NOW this conversation I had with this  NOT SO SHARP person...probably would not have touched a nerve SO BAD....BUT I had just been through this a month prior...when we talked about the whole process with my Buck[my arrow went in about a foot and was pulled out] What happened was the blades got stopped on the ribs on the far side of the buck...the tip did poke through.....ANYWAY I'm starting to learn ...this person LOVES to point the finger!...I say ...TAKE A LONG LOOK IN THE MIRROR!...Oh by the way...that NOT SO SHARP person NEVER found the doe...

IT'S ALL ABOUT PLACEMENT!

IT'S ALL ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY!

IT'S ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO...NOT ABOUT PASSING THE BLAME...OR BEING A HYPOCRITE/ JEALOUS/HATER!

Be a Hawg in the Game...of YOUR Choice!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!