Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

I NEED SOME BOW HUNTING TIPS !!!!!
Last Post 26 Aug 2009 03:35 AM by Troutmaster. 23 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Mississippihunter13
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Aug 2007 04:53 PM  
Please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just tell me what u know and tips on bow hunting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't teach a hunter it's wrong to kill.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
03 Aug 2007 05:18 PM  
Be patient and persitant and also do your scouting.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Mississippihunter13
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Aug 2007 05:46 PM  
THANKS FOR THE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
You can't teach a hunter it's wrong to kill.
Whtbear
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2007 02:51 AM  
Practice,  practice, and then practice some more . Pay attention to your form becuse perfect practice is the best.
See ya in the woods,
whtbear
J_web_84
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2007 11:15 AM  
Go to an archery shop....You'll learn alot there!
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Aug 2007 01:00 PM  
One word comes to mind. STEALTH. Anyway you can make yourself "invisable' to a deer's eyes, nose and ears.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
huntin34
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Apr 2008 03:34 AM  
learn your yardage and plan your shots. practice the hardests shot you can imagine and then when you are in the field you have the confidence to make the shots that are presented to you. Confidence in yourself and your bow are key
NJbwhntr
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Apr 2008 12:44 PM  
SCENT......smell like you live in the woods dont buy scent blocker or store products grab dirt and vegetation from around the area and let it sit in a scentproof bag till ready to use w/your hunting clothes of coursethen drive out to your spot and dress there wash with dial unscented antibacterial soap and use baking soda like baby powder all over your body especially armpit and lower back area
S.C._DoubleLunger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 May 2008 08:35 PM  
Stay humble, never think you have trained enough or prepared enough, i also try to think of every hunt as if I knew that a once in a lifetime buck was going to come through my stand. Also try hanging a stand and shooting from it in your yard or whereever you shoot, this will give you practice from elevated shots and familiarize you with the sequences. Just like NJ said, next to practice i think scent is the most important thing, its crazy how good a deer senses are, a couple of things that usually throw off some strong natural scents are cedar twigs and pine needles, usually you can find some of these and if you crumple them up you will notice how distinct the smell is. Hope this helps.
ks_hunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 May 2008 01:56 AM  

practice practice practice practice practice practice

xkmorris
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 May 2008 07:33 PM  
And don't forget the TP. ; )
rnwinter
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 May 2008 02:32 AM  
I gotta go with practice. BEing comfortable with your bow will help a lot. Knowing you can hit your target is another. Practice from the top of tree stands. Hitting a target below you and at a distance is different than being on a level plane with it. Learn how your target...ie: deer line up at different angles. Study some internal diagrams and realize that trying to hit a deer in both lungs, quartering away from you level, requires a different target position from on high. Think of them in three-d, and adjust your targeting accordingly. Most importantly, learn to judge your distances. Start learning a walking pace off that you use every time. Find a few, or three limbs and mark off your thirty yard range around your stand. Practice before you use this so you know how your arrow will drop, rise or whatever, from the position you see the deer. Practice, practice, practice!!! Then, develop a mantra that you tell yourself in the tree...I'll be calm, pull smoothe, wait for my chance....I'll be calm, pull smoothe, and wait for my chance....OH....and don't forget!!!! Look for shot paths!!! There is nothing more irritating than watching your arrow glance off a limb you couldn't see because of deer fever.
grimreaper
6 Point
6 Point

--
16 May 2008 07:14 AM  
Make sure you hunt with the wind in your face even if you are wearing scent lok clothing or bathed your gear in some form of scent control spray. Make sure you have cover around you to break up your silhouette. Practice shooting with your gear on to see if your gear alters your point of impact.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
16 May 2008 04:17 PM  
get a bow that fits
xkmorris
6 Point
6 Point

--
16 May 2008 06:42 PM  
If you are going to be hunting in an elevated stand or a ground blind where you will be sitting learn to shoot in the sitting position. That way you will not need to stand and give the deer a chance of seeing you move.
Dale405
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Nov 2008 03:13 PM  
Living on a small farm, I took a round bale of hay, placed it on a wooden skid, then I drove small posts in at 10,20,and30 yards. This is my homemade practice range. A peice of cardboard, with a rifle target attached to it, and you're ready to practice. I use both field points and broadheads on the hay. it works for me.
Dale405
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Nov 2008 04:38 PM  
I forgot...be sure to shoot in the SIDE of the roundbale, or your arrow will get lost in the loose hay at the end of the bale
ghost
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Dec 2008 03:40 PM  
Find your local pro shop, go there and do some shooting. Sign up for a league or a tournament. The people that do these things are almost always bow hunters too and they can teach you alot. Dont worry about being the new guy that dont know alot because they see this everyday. You will learn aloy in a hurry and have a blast doing it.
fjmac
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Feb 2009 01:00 AM  
just hunt as much as you can and learn
stubs
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Feb 2009 04:19 AM  
go run a mile then shoot your target itll HELP get used to being under pressure
go BSU!!!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!